pat28

Cannot find Etex, what do I use?

Hey guys! I'm desperate for advice here. I live in Quebec, Canada, and it all seems like Etex is not available in my neck of the woods. I have heard of major problems at the customs when one tries to import it also. Are there other names to the product and thus the salespeople could simply be mistaken? Is there a chain store that is both in the US and in Canada that might order it for me? Or else would another product work? Would marine varnish / lacquer work as a sealer? Sorry for the 100 questions, and thanks a million for your help!

Pat

@ pat28

Check :-:-: Lure Making :-:-: The Official LureMaking.com Website | Tackle Components | Lure Components | Lure Making Information | Lure Making Supplies , they are in Ontario , they have lureparts , also topcoat paints , don't know about Etex , but this is the only way , I could help you .

Greetings , diemai

Etex (Envirotex Lite) is a "pour it on" epoxy designed for finishing table tops, but it's not the only brand sold for that purpose. I'd check a local home center, paint shop or hobby shop to find alternatives. Generally, most finish epoxies have better durability and yellow less over time than many polyurethanes or varnishes but several TU'ers have used marine varnish with UV inhibitors and report good results. Polymer science is always advancing.

Hey Pat, I live in Barrie Ontario and I picked up Nu-Lustre-55 at Home Depot for about $20. I haven't used it yet (soon I hope), but heard good things about it. Oh yah, Way to go to our Home boy G.S.P.!! What a but whoopin he put on Serra!:yeah:

:mad: Damnit!!

I avoided the web & talking to 2 of my friends because I know they ordered the PPV fight.

I wanted to watch it, who'da thought I'd get the spoiler in a luremaking forum.

I was pullin for St Pierre :teef:

Anyway, back on topic, sorry for the outburst.

@ mark poulson

My poor French is just enough for this .

Translation :

Hi , Pat

You may order for Envirotex lite from Curry's in Brossard . It's a shop that sells artist's stuff .

You might also go to Rona and take a product called "Nu Lustre 55" . That is , what I am using , and it does a pretty fine job . Yvon

But I guess , you've been joking , or not ?

Again, thanks a million for all the good input guys. I just learnt, after lots of spare time spent going to various hardware stores looking for Etex, that a similar and very effective product was actually produced in Quebec. Guess I understand now why Etex is not available in my neck of the woods as the competition is so fierce for a small market... I'll let you see the first batch of lures as soon as they are out of the bath! Pat

I wan't joking. Thanks for the translation. My wife and my two older kids (24 and 19) are fluent in Spanish, having taken it in school for years, and the oldest lived in Spain for a year and a half. My Spanish is mostly street Spanish, even though I grew up in a mixed neighborhood. I stayed away from French after my best friend started to take it in school, and it drove him crazy! No? Oi!

@ mark poulson

My poor French is just enough for this .

Translation :

Hi , Pat

You may order for Envirotex lite from Curry's in Brossard . It's a shop that sells artist's stuff .

You might also go to Rona and take a product called "Nu Lustre 55" . That is , what I am using , and it does a pretty fine job . Yvon

But I guess , you've been joking , or not ?

@ mark poulson

Only Spanish , I speak , is "una cerveza , porfavor !" , and I won't espect a spoken answer to it:) .

Learnt English and French in school , almost 30 years ago . But my English is a lot , lot better than my French , since I've got relatives in England and used to spend every summer vacation between 1975 and 1981 over there .

Didn't have many chances about speaking French though , few weeks alltogether in southern France , that's it .

And back in school I remember my mistress talking rather more about French cooking than French grammar:(:( .