Terrydabassman

Five Students

Hello gang. Today was our first class for these five high school boys. To say they were excited would be an understatement.

We got as far as cutting out and sanding their lures, making a ballast weight and hook eye and getting them glued into place.

Here's some snap shots of me and the boys working on their lures. ( had a ball and so did they)

Stay tuned for class number two. :)

Terry,

Way to go!! There is a TU member is Wisconsin that is a outdoor skills instructor of sorts and tackle making and building a fishing rod and fishing are an actual part of the course. Do you think what you are teaching your students could be turned into part of a course where they could get course credits? We know there are different skills involved than English and Math, this would fall under art, or shop, something along those lines. Good luck and keep us posted.

We're planning on a "fishing clinic" sometime next month. I'll cover lines, rods, reels, soft plastics, spinner baits, and of course crank baits.

Also planned is Finesse fishing, Drop shotting, Pitching and Flipping.

No way would I expect them to remember a quarter of it so I'll have a little booklet for each of them.

A couple of the boys were talking while I was talking. I interrupted them and said HEY, there will be a test after your lures are done. If you don't pass it then I'll keep the lure you made. :) WOW did they come to attention...too too funny...I AM having fun and so are they.

I'm looking for some cute "common sense" questions for a joke on them.

Questions like: If a plane with 700 passengers crashed on the border of Canada and the United States, in which country would they bury the survivors?

If you have one or a couple, please email them to me. customlures@tclarkcustomlures.com and put "pop quiz" in the subject line so I don't delete it as spam.

Thanks guys!!

Terry, here's one, (not sending via link because wife's email comes up as sender):

If a pond contains 30 percent bass and 70 percent blugill, weighing a total of 122 pounds, what is the total weight of the sunfish in the pond?

Dean

122 lbs

For those who are trying to figure out my question... roosters don't lay eggs!