rlcam

First foil job and repaints

The first two are my first attempt at foiling.I used stick glue and foil paper from a gift bag.The others are some of my first repaints that I posted before,just took some better pics.All criticism (good or bad) welcome.Still using the old rattle cans....Robert

Repaints125.jpg?t=1208982060

Repaints123-1.jpg?t=1208982169

I painted these for a friend at work.The one on the right is supposed to look like a trout that he showed me in Bassmaster mag.

Repaints098-1.jpg?t=1208983028

Pop-R ,modified lower jaw,so it will spit instead of pop.

Repaints093-2.jpg?t=1208982853

Repaints

Repaints157.jpg?t=1208983455

Coming soon....more repaints

I just can't stop,anyone have any extra lures :lol:

@ rlcam

You did a great job , they look far better than my own spray-can colored lures , I just don't take the patience for achieving such neat looking baits .

Also like your first foil lure , I'm planning on my first one as well , with your pic you have already helped me a bit , otherwise , I guess , I would have attached the lip before foiling .

Greetings , diemai

Yes, Spike-A-Pike I am still using the rattle cans,but not for long I hope.

@ rlcam

You did a great job , they look far better than my own spray-can colored lures , I just don't take the patience for achieving such neat looking baits .

Also like your first foil lure , I'm planning on my first one as well , with your pic you have already helped me a bit , otherwise , I guess , I would have attached the lip before foiling .

Greetings , diemai

Diemai,thanks for the good feed back.The foiled one is a Stanford that the paint cracked on,I just took the bill out before I started.These are great around riprap,and thats what I patterned my own after(with a little mod's).All of my Stanfords cracked,I guess it was the way they prepped the cedar before painting.

Dang! Those look good for a rattle can. If I could do that I wouldn't have bought an airbrush. What are you using for the scales? I'm still on a quest for good 'scale' stenciling material....

CampionBoatGuy thanks for the kind words.I get my scale material from walmart in the craft dept.They have a couple different sizes.

Great looking baits. You are a master with rattle cans, for sure.

Do you use a clear coat for a top coat?

Mark thanks again,I seem to be able to count on you for good feedback(you must feel sorry for me :lol:).I started out using Krylon Clear Glaze and clear coated all these but I didn't think it was going to be hard enough for rocks,it dried pretty hard though.So I thought I would give the D2T a try.These have D2T over the clear glaze.

I have got a few more I am going to post including a Bluegill pattern that I tried...Robert

Edited by rlcam

Really awesome. You get good scale effect, even on your foil (I am real impressed with that job). Looks like you maybe used a scale material under foil?? What ever you did it sure works. Fantastic.

David

Captsully,yes I used the same netting under the foil that I paint scales

with.I thought that was the way you guys did it,if I am doing it wrong let me know.

Captsully,yes I used the same netting under the foil that I paint scales

with.I thought that was the way you guys did it,if I am doing it wrong let me know.

Heck no, man. I've always been told there is no wrong way, just different ways. I did a foil job a couple of weeks ago using drywall web tape. It was awful, stripped all off and started again. Refoiled (with Dean's helpful advice) without any netting underneath the foil. Those baits came out better. But I will try your method this weekend, 'cause I like it.

Airbrush? You don't need no stinkin' airbrush! Like some else said (Ithink) you are a master with rattle cans. Keep up the wonderful work

David