BShafer

Help with Photo Finish

Thanks that was just what I was looking for

Consider that plain paper will give you a sharper image if you don't care about getting the foil shine to come through. There used to be a paper called "Onion Skin" which was used for Carbon Copies. Needles to say it is near impossible to find now a days, but I would love to try some for photo finishing.

I haven't tried the printer paper sounds like I need to. Although I do like the foil affect under the tissue paper.

As Riverman said, plain paper works great, BUT you will not be able to get the transparent effect the foil would need to show through. The tissue does not produce as sharp a rendition as plain paper, so it's a trade off if you want the foil effect.

That's why I mentioned "Onion Skin" paper(Thanks Terry). It may do both, Print sharply, while being thinner than plain, and become transparent, but without having any to experiment with, I couldn't say for sure.

(Tracing paper isn't any good for either, IMHO)

Edited by Husky

Thanks I knew the plain paper would not be transparent i was just saying I liked the affect of foil under the tissue paper. I was wondering about tracing paper. Why do you say it's no good?

Understood. I tried tracing paper and it doesn't lay as well as Plain Paper and doesn't let the foil show through. On the other hand, Onion Skin may perform better. (Onion Skin was the paper carbon Copies used to be printed on.)

Before I buy a ream of it, hopefully someone here has some and will give it a try.

When I hear the term Onion Skin paper, I think of Calligraphy paper. There are still a lot of internet links under Onion Skin Calligraphy paper; locally, there are two art supply shops I think I could go to and find what I'd be looking for.

I don't know if it would be the answer, but it's worth taking a look at. The tissue doesn't give as sharp a rendition and the plain doesn't go transparent, BUT maybe onion skin could do both. Just an idea.

The tissue doesn't give as sharp a rendition and the plain doesn't go transparent, BUT maybe onion skin could do both. Just an idea.

I think the onion skin paper would be the best for the job, if you want transparency. I use a thin packing paper, both inkjet and laser printer can print well on this paper, which is very similar to the onion skin paper which was used in the past. Also, note that not every type of topcoat will make the paper become transparent.

Edited by rofish