jcb19983

trading post

JMO-

But instead of TU charging for classifieds, trades, or wanted they should just set something up to take donations. I am sure MOST users on this site would donate to help with the costs associated with running this site.

But the idea of paying $ for each thread when most threads are "do you still have this available?" is crazy.

There a few reasons why we charge to post, none of them "stupid" but I'll relate a couple reasons:

Accepting donations has been done, we had it online for almost a year. One person donated (Thank you Nathan)

Ghost you are incorrect, we charge per topic, not per post. Once a topic (or ad) is created any registered user can respond as much as they like without obligation.

We charge to accommodate the generous sponsors who help pay for this site. They get a little upset when they pay money to advertise, only to see others placing ads for free.

jcb19983, all you have to do is contact me or another mod & explain your situation. We'd be happy to throw a couple credits to your account, however if you don't have the ability spend 99 cents to support the site, I'm hopeful you have the ability to ship the items you intend to trade.

Regards,

redg8r

I would hope that should the it ever be needed in the future the donate option would be back. It is nice if the sponsers are able to pick up the tab, but I for one would be more than willing to pay to play. And I could be wrong with this, but the donation option must have been some time ago. When you have members paying out of their own pockets to travel acrossed the country and some from other countries to attend a weekend get together based on knowing each other through this site. I think you would get donations. Especialy if it was made known that they were needed. But that leads me to another question. I listed here as a buisiness because I do sell my rods and tackle. I have a bunch of various extra supplies that I was considering listing on ebay eventually but would rather see them go to members here. If we are not looking to make a profit of an item but just to get rid of it can we pay to list there also? Or is that still not allowed? I guess I am asking is if an exception can be made if we come to an agreement ahead of time?

I listed here as a buisiness because I do sell my rods and tackle. I have a bunch of various extra supplies that I was considering listing on ebay eventually but would rather see them go to members here.

Absolutely, what were looking to avoid is having businesses selling current merchandise on an ongoing basis thru the classifieds.

If your stuff is overstock, or closeout stuff & you simply need to unload it, by all means, the ad would be approved.

Thanks for letting me clarify.