Snax

Anyone mold a bait out of EPOXY???

Not sure what the results would be but it popped into my head the other day and I wondered if anyone had tried to mold a lure entirely from epoxy?

I figure that we use it to protect the wood underneath so what if we just made the whole darn thing from it? lol

Any thoughts guys?

Not sure what the results would be but it popped into my head the other day and I wondered if anyone had tried to mold a lure entirely from epoxy?

I figure that we use it to protect the wood underneath so what if we just made the whole darn thing from it? lol

Any thoughts guys?

I would say that Urethane Resin with micro balloons for buoyancy would be the way to go. You could also use 16 lb density foam.

These would require silicone molds.

There was a company in Missouri that made a bait in the bass oreno style that was constructed from lucite. The halves were cast or machined(can't recall if they were cast or milled from solid stock) and painted on the inside and then glued together although the final product was solid the paint was never subject to the rigors of fish and therefore, virtually indestructable. Now this design could be eloborated upon by casting or machining the baits with void to achieve the proper bouyancy for a floating plug. RainBow Wiggler is the name of the bait.

That post about the cd's has my wheels turning, hmmmm..maybe get rid of my old scratched cd's. I wonder how well a heat gun will work if you put the cd in the press first. This has got me pondering.

Not to hijack this thread, but there is a tutorial on compound bending Lexan that might work for bending those old CDs after they're cut and shaped. hazmail, the author of the tutorial has been fine tuning the tool he created to bend the lexan for some time. I think he was using a curling iron initially.

Not to hijack this thread, but there is a tutorial on compound bending Lexan that might work for bending those old CDs after they're cut and shaped. hazmail, the author of the tutorial has been fine tuning the tool he created to bend the lexan for some time. I think he was using a curling iron initially.

Yeah, I know about that thread in the tutorial section as I had to point it out to him once. :wink: Was just thinking that you would be able to watch it alot better by using a heat gun vs submerged in hot oil.