Husky

Lee Sisson lures.

okay, okay......

I'm trying to make my introduction without sounding like a smitten little schoolgirl.

Heres what I've got so far:

HHHiiiiii LEEEeeee!!!........... :o

Just tell him that you're a BIG LA Tech FB fan (He played with Terry Bradshaw) and then act surprised to find out he make lures!

(On the show he said it was his blocking that made Bradshaw such an accomplished "Scrambler".:))

If you ever got to talk to Lee you will see that he is a down to earth type of guy and not stuck on himself at all. He is all about helping other people out. I meet him at a show in Richmond Virginia about ten years ago and talked his ear off. A few years later I called him to purchase some crankbait lips and line ties from him and he even remembered who I was. He started out just like eveyone here making baits one at a time in his shop. He answered every question I asked about his operation and helped me out tremendously. The nice thing about talking to him is that he also loves to fish and is not some egghead bean counter with a slide rule, that designs his baits in a labratory(no offense to anyone that does that type of work!!)

I'm very glad I started this thread. Usually you only hear folks talk about someone with such high esteem is when that person takes a dirt nap.

On the show he did say he bought his lips from a guy in the hosts "neck of the woods." He liberally uses circuit board lips, btw.

I never realized he was so close to me..

Anyway, any use a different browser other than ie? I did a google search, and found a webcast of the sisson spot. the straight link works but takes you to a newer episode. Using the google "cache" version should be the right one, but when you click on it it doesn't show "ie cannot open"..

:(

the link:

Welcome to Inspiration.Net - watch Free inspirational Christian videos on demand

Clemmy

I never realized he was so close to me..

Anyway, any use a different browser other than ie? I did a google search, and found a webcast of the sisson spot. the straight link works but takes you to a newer episode. Using the google "cache" version should be the right one, but when you click on it it doesn't show "ie cannot open"..

:(

the link:

Welcome to Inspiration.Net - watch Free inspirational Christian videos on demand

Clemmy

Dang!!! That was the ultimate "Bait and Switch!":angry:

I met Lee briefly when he was just starting Sisson Lures and attended a show in Greensboro NC. Nice guy. Somebody asked if you can tell the baits are rotomolded? Yes, they sometimes have grooves spiraling around the circumference of the body which show through the finish. Not obtrusive, but you can see and feel them. You see the same thing on balsa lure bodies you buy from several on-line sources. Most of the Sisson baits I've seen or owned also have a small lead plug in the lip under the line tie. I saw some in Walmart without that feature however.