CA Delta

What Iwata gun Do you Like

HP-CS...use a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby. It's perfect for covering base color and for doing slight detail work. It has a .35 needle and it's gravity feed...I love it. Hobby Lobby doesn't have a store in Cali, but I don't know if you have someone that could get it for you and ship it to you.

Anyway, just my :twocents:

Good luck!

I have the HPC eclipse plus, which, I think, has a .35 tip, and an Iwata knock off, by Master, with a .25 tip and manual air control valve.

I like the MAC valve on the Master, but the quality of the gun, including the threads on the mating pieces that you take apart and reassemble when cleaning between colors, and the needle itself, are way below Iwata.

I really like my HPC. I got the Master to see if the MAC valve made a big difference. It is really nice to be able to control the air right there at the gun, especially for fine lines, which is why I got the .25 tip, but it likes to spit any paint that's not thin and watery. Even a violet transparent Createx I had sitting for two months, which thickened a little after I opened it and used it once.

I think I will rig and in line valve, after the regulator/water trap, that will do the same air control thing as the MAC valve. It should be easier to adjust than the regulator I have on the air line now.

HP-CS...use a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby. It's perfect for covering base color and for doing slight detail work. It has a .35 needle and it's gravity feed...I love it. Hobby Lobby doesn't have a store in Cali, but I don't know if you have someone that could get it for you and ship it to you.

Anyway, just my :twocents:

Good luck!

I want to know where you get a 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon!!!