6_feet_deep

To Dean & Rookie

IF I SAID IT ONCE!! I SAID IT 1 time.... ok maybe 2!! My CRAP EEEE lure is hands down the best!!! DID YOU SEE HOW CRAP EEE it was!! now as for your CROP EEE LURE.. thats one nice lookin CROP EEE.. Why the heck are you fishing for Bass with it anyway!!! ANY DIPSTICK can catch bass.. Look at all the dipsticks on TV showing us all how easy it is... Now if you want to impress me with that Crop EEE LURE.. Go catch a "Panderichthys"... THEN YOU've DONE SOMETHING!!!

Dean will be so proud of this post!!! PANDERICHTHYS.... " now that's funny'!!!!

Here's my version of a crappie, but in an 8" swimbait.

I don't know how to enlarge it (no wisecracks). I have it posted in the gallery.

tn?sid=2101622168&mid=AKjPjkQAAACbSBY%2fuguHNQtMdcE&partid=5&f=818&fid=Inbox

I've had it eaten when the bass wouldn't touch a trout swimbait. I think the silver color is the ticket.

Edited by mark poulson

Nice one 6! The fish are always the final judge!! And like some of us have discussed, there's almost no way to get the crappie's spots wrong, as long as the basic colors are crappie-like, because of the extreme variations of their markings from around the country, and the quickness with which their color intensity can change.

Of course Matt/Rookie/TaterHog, being the fine fellow that he is, did not post this one, which is a great crappie paint, and I'm not talking about CRAPPY either, but just fine paint work. :teef:

Dean

RICK6.jpg

RICK6.jpg

RICK6.jpg

RICK6.jpg

RICK6.jpg

RICK6.jpg

RICK6.jpg

RICK6.jpg

2968_thumb.attach

Great lure and paint job. Fun to make a winner like that.

Not to mention the thrill when a three pound crappie eats your custom painted lure, when you're fishing for bass.

Looks like a bass smorgasbord to me!

On a serious note, on the subject of paint jobs, the biggest crappie I've caught have either been really silver, or really black, and have eaten bass lures. I haven't seen many that have the same coloration that the pictures on the web show, but I don't fish for crappie. They're just an accidental catch, albeit a fun one.

Edited by mark poulson

...thats one nice lookin CROP EEE.. Why the heck are you fishing for Bass with it anyway!!! ANY DIPSTICK can catch bass.. Look at all the dipsticks on TV showing us all how easy it is...

You're right, only people who are lazy fish for bass, but I don't fish for bass...I'm fishing for tuna, but the darn bass won't let my lure stay in the water long enough to catch a dad-blamed tuna. (How'd ya like how I threw a dad-blamed in there on you :teef: ) Seriously, thanks for the kind words Rook!

...I must say I also think you get crazier by the day as well.

C'mon Jimmie...cut the guy some slack. Anybody who huffs laquer while training his slave monkeys at the same time trying to run a full blown production squirrel roasting line is going to go a bit nutty at times....

Nice one 6! The fish are always the final judge!!

Thanks Dean! It's people like you that have helped me out along the way...it was good to finally catch one or two on one of my paint jobs.

Of course Matt/Rookie/TaterHog, being the fine fellow that he is, did not post this one, which is a great crappie paint, and I'm not talking about CRAPPY either, but just fine paint work.

Couldn't agree more! :worship:

...the biggest crappie I've caught have either been really silver, or really black, and have eaten bass lures.

You're right Mark...as Dean was saying, crappie (as do most fish) change colors throughout there growth and according to their environment. The main water color and forage of course will determine the variations you'll see. The one I painted was actually posted by a member on TU and I used it. It's a fry...hence the color pattern of greens and golds and silvers with faint spots.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment!

Beautiful Bait 6 Feet! Is your reference photo of that young Crappie/Speck/Papermouth/Cropp-ee whatever a white or black?

Tater- Methinks you need to either:

A) Get out more....

- or -

B) Be alowed out less.....

:)

I think a sticky of bait reference photos would be a great idea/resource for TU, but Jerry would have to come up with a place to store that much data...

Nice work all!

Clemmy

Edited by clemmy

Beautiful Bait 6 Feet! Is your reference photo of that young Crappie/Speck/Papermouth/Cropp-ee whatever a white or black?
I believe it's a black, but I'm not 100%...it was posted in the gallery by someone (sorry for not remembering to whoever you are) who said they'd like to see it painted. This was about 2 or 3 months ago I think...anyway, there is a pretty good size pond that I fish after work and it's got some decent sized fish in it. I've seen an 8lber, a few 6lbers, and several 3lb and 4lb bass pulled out of there. One day I ran into a school of crappie with a crankbait and realized why those bass were so healthy...I thought it can't hurt to paint it and throw it. The fish I caught weren't at that pond however...I just wanted to throw it and came up a couple at a family pond. Thanks for the kind words Clemmy!

That would be me! Glad I could be of help! You keep getting that good, you'll have to go find your own pics.........lol.......epoxy,epoxy,epoxy........sorry just thought I might get a stir out of that......Barry....Ps: is it possible to change your screen name on here? How?

I think a sticky of bait reference photos would be a great idea/resource for TU, but Jerry would have to come up with a place to store that much data...

Nice work all!

Clemmy

I dont mind, I think the big hurdle is finding a resource or resources that would allow us to republish the photos.

If anyone has any bookmarked, feel free to send me an email or PM & I'll ask around for permission.

Nice work guys.

Tater your baits get better looking by the day but I must say I also think you get crazier by the day as well. It has to have something to do with the paint fumes.Or hell maybe the monkey! Either way great work!!!!!

I've been to the Ogre swamp where Tater lives and let me tell you the guy is insane. I don't think I have ever seen him where he hasn't been up for 2 days straight. He says he has kids and a wife but the only evidence I've seen is a kid's meal in the drive way. Maybe he or the Ogre just ate them.

I'm not sure how many of his creations have seen these pages or eBay but he has a few that have swimming action that is just unbelievable. He has been really tinkering and has some great wake baits. He should sell them to the musky boys. And the paint jobs are as we have seen quite creative and or life like. He has a swimbait painted like a bass and if you just caught a glimpse of it on the end of a line, you'd think that is exactly what it was. I am waiting for him to mold a 6-7" shad and perfect the paint job for it. I keep telling him I'll prototype test a shad for him.:worship: