mark poulson

alcohol (no Bruce, not that kind!)

MT,

Where were you BEFORE I coated those lures? :lol:

Actually, I didn't thin the epoxy, I just used the isopropyl to clean and prep the brush I was using to apply the Etex, and just that small amount of the wrong stuff was enough to keep it from setting up.

I washed them down with denatured alcohol, and recoated them last night, and they're fine now.

I remember the first time I did it. I was not sure what was going on or when it was going to stop foaming.It was a large batch of epoxy because of course, I know what I am doing, I know everything!:) I invented some pretty creative cuss words. And I was just lucky enough to have an audience. My whole family was watching.

Ha, ha. I bet it wasn't pretty.

I've screwed up so much by now that I feel like the Archeologist in the first Jurassic Park movie, who kept saying,"What'd I touch?" everytime there was a problem.

I'm always waiting for something else to go wrong. So I wasn't really surprised, just a little po'd.

I diagnosed the problem pretty quickly, once I read the "bad" alcohol's label a little more thoroughly.

Pilot error. As usual.

At least you're providing your family with a "liberal" education. I'm sure they didn't know the extent of your blue vocabulary until that happened.

I've learned to make my mistakes as privately as possible, because I am tired of hearing the laughter.

Isopropyl alcohol and devcon foaming? I have never had it happen and just attempted it again to make sure. Tyically the problem with IPA is it is cut with water and also will pull moisture from the air. I usually use acetone however if I want to thin devcon.