CL Rods

spend a little more money up front.

Well with 6_feet_deep's help I located a sale at Hobby Lobby on Airbrushes (30% off) and picked up an Iwata Eclipse.

Let's just say if you are new to this DON'T buy a cheaper airbrush like the Master one I got (G44). The G44 did OK on simple non pearl or metallic paints but just frustrated me trying to paint pearls and metallics. The Master's are just too fine a needle and point and clog up. Your constantly clearing/cleaning and hoping it will spray the color batch you just mixed. Swapping out to a .3 needle and point helps but still didn't get it.

The Eclipse blasted out the pearl and metallic like it was water even with only a .35 needle and point. Like Night and Day. It will take some time to get used to the width/volume control on the Eclipse now, but wow, what a difference.

I think I will have to put on an inline pressure adjustment right on the hose versus always spraying at 45#s. Any suggestions from the pros?:whistle:

Practice on some cardboard or some scrap before you even start with a bait you will only upset yourself. play around with the pressures and make sure your paint is thinned right even though it might say air brush paint on the bottle I have raninto some paint that was too thick. youtube has some interesting tutorial videos on basic airbrushing

I agree those Iwata's are nice aren't they. I just had to gloat I thought the same thing when I switched from Paschae.

Like the above stated practice on something like cardboard. I bought a pad of newsprint paper to practice on. It realy helps to experament with airpresure and paint thinning.

Going cheap to start realy isn't a bad idea because who wants to sink a bunch of money into something thier not sure they can do or would like.

Youtube is great for airbrushing videos I learned quite a bit from there.

I like it. Do it right the first time. If you go too cheap the first time you might give up. Especially if the product dosen't work right or at ok standards. I have a hp-ch adjusts air pressure on the brush. With the air pressure adjustment you can make it do alot more and broadens your abilities. Yes add the regulator.

Different tools for different jobs I've found. The clean flow also has alot to do with how the brush "atomizes". My cheaper brush had a .5 and the only problem I had with it was that it sputtered with any paint unless it was real thinned out. I shoot with an HP-CS now with a .35 and I can't tell too much of a difference in the amount of flow, but rather how the paint breaks up coming off of the needle. Don't get me wrong, there is a difference between the .5 and the .35 ,but just not too much for me. Glad you found something you like gator...you thought it might have been bad before, just wait. :teef: