Sonny.Barile

Badger 250

Well.....I am all set up and ready to paint. I know most of you airbrush guys will scold me for doing so, but I bought a Badger 250. I had a 40% off coupong for AC Moore and it was all they had left on the shelf. I figured $19 for my first one wasnt to bad of a deal anyway. I also bought a small off-brand compressor but it was so loud (and the package said it was quiet) that I brought it back. I ended up piecing together a Badger 1/4" adapter ($4) and a Home Depot quick disconect fitting set ($5) to a 5 gallon air storage tank I have (free). I am able to fill the tank with the portable 12 volt compressor I keep in my truck. I know it is a nuissance to refill it but it beats compressor noise hands down. I only had about an hour of free time last night and I used it painting some scrap paper...........I have two lures ready to paint and will be doing so as soon as my kid goes to bed............One of them was made with the pattern I posted yesterday...........

Hey, I started out with a $25 Badger 250 setup and Propel CO2 cans. If you decide you like building and painting baits, you'll move on to better (easier to use and more expensive) equipment but it's a great way to get your feet wet without breaking the bank. And you can do useful work with it.

I started with a Badger 250 less than a year ago.....carefull it's addicting. I'm on my 3rd air compressor and now have 4 dual action brushes and enough paint to give Hobby Lobby a run for there money ( so my wife says). As far as the loud a/c put it in another room and run a longer hose. Works for me.