bassn1

Took a Break from painting Cranks

I can just see it now, a new forum titled: Pimped Boats and Trailers. The thing I would fear most is somebody adding air bags to their trailer to match their truck and watching them going up and down on the way to the lake. You could almost make a case for them by claiming they allow you to adjust the height of either to the proper level to launch you boat. Now I'm going to be watching for that at the ramp.

how much stenciling did you use? Was this the first time you have ever done flames? /quote]

There is no actual spray thru stencil. Everything is free hand. There is what you call a "free hand stencil" that you use to get your sharp lines. It's a 12 step process and it took me 2 months of practice just to get it half right. That was my first actual paint job. Check out a guy by the name of Ed Hubbs on You-Tube, he has a lot of "how to" vids for flames and other teqniques.

...Check out a guy by the name of Ed Hubbs on You-Tube, he has a lot of "how to" vids for flames and other teqniques.

Thanks Bassn...your flames look good man. I knew there were no spray through stencils, but I didn't know how much stenciling you had to do in order to get the shapes you were getting. You did a great job your first time in!

Thanks for the Ed Hubbs tip, I'll check him out!

Hey Rockie,

Are you going to add flames to your squirrel roaster - that would look so cool!

C'Mon Bruce...who needs to paint flames when you can go to AutoZone and get such cool reflective ones. Not just great for squirrel roasters, but coming off of the wheel well of your car too! :teef::lol: