cullin8s

I need some help

7 posts in this topic

getting the crawdad claws off of some lucky craft lips. I recently bought some lucky craft baits to repaint, but I'm not painting craw patterns, so i need to get those pesky claws off the lips. I believe them to be a sticker, but its under clearcoat I think. Anyone found a good way to do this without damaging the lip? Thanks in advance for any help.

Dwain

If it is a decal under clear, you might be able to scuff sand the clear, and then use some acetone to remove the decal.

I've had some Lucky Craft decal finishes, on the Ghost Pointers and Craw cranks, wrinkle when I applied nail polish, so acetone should work.

Dwain,

I just keep rubbing them with laqcuer thinner and a rag until they are gone.Do not dip it in though it will chew the lip up really fast

Don't have a tip for gettin those claws off, but i just looked at some of your handywork and i just have to say WOW:eek: Your paint jobs look awesome!!

Thanks fellas I'll sacrifice the first one and see how it works, if i screw it up I'll just paint that one for my own box lol.

Cullins.. I just do it the old fashion way with elbow grease and sand paper.. 400 grit gives the lip a cool homemade lookin feel!!! That way you dont damage the lip with crazy chemicals... chemicals strippers weaken the plastic... I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE!!! You should see my personal tacklebox.. its full of them!!!

...chemicals strippers weaken the plastic...

Rookie's right...you can always put a thin layer of clear back over the lip to bring the shine back if it's important to you and sanding it with 600 wouldn't even take too long either.