jamie

working on something new

After readig tacklejunkies post on robomouse I went to the garage today and just started cutting. This what I came up with so far. Im going to put a metal lip in it and still need to weight it . imgoing to make a top water lure out of it and and hope it will swim well I never made a rat before so I hope it works. The tail is also is glow in the dark rubber. What do you think so far any suggestions. Bye the way I went at this thing Rookie style no plan of attack just stated cuttin.

I got her painted and the first coat of etex is drying as we speak. Some of my musky buds came over to the house today to talk , so they can try to pump some info about yesterdays fishing trip,and I already have 4 orders of rats to make.

Watch out for your lures , if you have a cat in the house:lol: !

These ones are great , well done !

I can just see the Bar-B-Que at Jamie's.

Jamie, "Anyways after about 10 minutes, I finally landed it. It weighed in just a touch under 22 lbs, after that I photographed and released it."

"Wow!" an impressed fishing buddy said, "That must have been some fight. Let's look at the photo."

Jamie, "Sure, here ya go." as he passes it over.

Fishing buddy, "Hey, that ain't no musky. Why, it looks like a cat!!!"

Jamie, "It is; that's our cat, Lucy... " :lol::lol::lol:

I really enjoyed making this bait, I like the old school look and its not something that i would of ever thought of doing. I had a guy wanted me to do a chipmunk bait for him, wonder how that will turn out. I would like to see some of other rat type baits from all you guys so that i can see different ideas and designs.

@ Jamie

I posted some in the gallery , if you haven't seen them before , check gallery posts under letter "D" !

Also go to search forums bar , put in "Robo-Mouse" to view the great design of Tacklejunky and my own humble adaptions of it .

Greetz , diemai

Good one Jamie!

I thought about carving out more features like that but thought I'd keep it simple. I was gonna do rounded hind legs and leather ears with bunny rabbit whiskers.. but I guess I got lazy on it! :lol:

Good work man, glad to see I was able to inspire a few new creations! Keep them coming!

Took one of the rats fishing today for the first trip, it swam great. I did end up catching something on it,wrong type of fish but I will take it. Still trying to figure out how to stretch him out another 30 inches or so and but some teeth in his mouth. I did manage to catch a short fish today a 28 incher, not on my bait though.