Bigeasy08

H20 Express Crankbaits?

Academy Sports,but I don't think you can buy online,though i'm not sure.

I bought a few of the shallow diving square bills when they first

came out and I like them.Going to buy more when I can get to an AcademySports,the nearest one is 2 1/2 hrs.away,North or

South...Robert

Academy carries them. If you see them cheaper elsewhere, or unpainted, or in bulk, please let me know. I bought a couple of the square bills and modified them to make them silent by drilling a hole in the rattle chambers and super gluing the rattles, and then epoxying over the holes. I then clear coated the whole bait. The idea was to mimic a Lucky Craft RC 2.5, which is about a $15 bait. Clunn is big on silent cranks, and with all the pressure we get around here I can't say something silent isn't a bad idea. You still have hook noise, which is plenty in most water clarity IMHO. I field tested the modified versions last week and they caught fish pitching them into laydowns and along 45 degree chunk rock banks. I didn't catch but one keeper doing this, plenty of short fish, so I take it the fish like it. The bigger fish were deeper than the bait was running. I was a little concerned the baits wouldn't be balanced as it is difficult to super glue the rattles in the exact middle of the bait, but it really didn't seem to affect the bait too much. They don't float as good as balsa (the glue does add some weight), but the body shape itself is snag resitant. I threw it into some knarly (is this a word? Maybe only in CA!) places and they do as well as a balsa square bill. I also tested them in clear water (to see if the balance was way off) and they hunt pretty good with a high speed retrieve. Looks like a good crank for 3-4 bucks! The paint will rub off, so putting your own clear coat on isn't a bad idea, if you modify or not. I bounced the modified version off rocks (accidently) a few times and didn't have any plastic cracking. Don't know what a hard slap to a dock would do, but if it goes, well then 3 bucks ain't too bad in the day of $15 cranks, $3.59 boat fuel and $18/gallon outboard oil. My two cents worth.

I would really like to find a bunch of these unpainted, or a distributor who could sell them painted to me at a reasonable price for re-sale. PM me if you can help. Thanks.

Steve

Edited by Spike-A-Pike

You can not buy them online only in the stores (that part sucks) I just purchased a bunch of them last week (told my wife I would drive her to her doctors appointment she knew I was up to something. and when I got to the store she just laughed) I have not gone to the big lake to try but at the little local lake and they worked great. Caught seeral fish walking along the bank. Hope it helps

You can not buy them online only in the stores (that part sucks) I just purchased a bunch of them last week (told my wife I would drive her to her doctors appointment she knew I was up to something. and when I got to the store she just laughed) I have not gone to the big lake to try but at the little local lake and they worked great. Caught seeral fish walking along the bank. Hope it helps

I would like to find a website that shows all the colors you can get! I looked online and it only shows like 3 colors! I would also like to see more of thier jerkbaits and swimbaits!