BassNator 1

Reccommended Paints for Airbrushing Lures?

It seems as if this question has been beat to death Im sure. Just like anything else I am sure to get a LOT OF DIFFERENT CHOICES AS WELL. But I'm just wondering what everyone uses for Wood Crank Painting through an airbrush? It doesnt seem as if Createx is the best choice but I am not looking to invest MAJOR beucoup bux in the paints but I am in the market to use a good choice brand that will be easy to use and easy to clean up and look good. ALSO EASILY READILY TO PURCHASE! I am now up to the painting parts for my lures and will probably be getting them done this weekend, but your helpful guidance is needed. With all the choices out there... it does make it hard to choose from! But I am after a good product and hopefully it will last a while as well. I have done the 2 coats of Min Wax Clear Coat (Sealer) Added 2 Coats of Rust Oleum Plastic Primer AND READY TO GO FOR THE PAINTS!!! YEAH!! Any info and guidance would be appreciated. Thanks Again Cody

If you are using an epoxy then most any paints will and do work. I personally use createx. But I also have a large amount of regular acrylic waterbase paints available at any craft store. The only problem with these paints is that they ahve a high content of "filler" solids so they must be thinned. I thin these with distilled water and rubbing alcohol,dish detergent(95% H20, 5% alcohol.5 drops of dish washing detergent) The thing I like about the craft paint is there is about 5 million different colors. This cuts down on mixing and matching, and the big factor is that they are cheap. I've purchased bottles for as little as $.33

Thanks for the cool tip about the hobby paint Blackjack. I have been using Createx paints, but I have been having trouble mixing some colors that I want and at about 3 bucks a bottle it can get kinda expensive mixing the colors i want.

Agian thanks for the mixing information! :D I have tried to thin hobby paint but just never could get it to spray in an even flow.

I thin these with distilled water and rubbing alcohol,dish detergent(95% H20, 5% alcohol.5 drops of dish washing detergent)

Hey Blackjack,

How much paint are we talking about thinning??

I will assume the detergent keeps the needle

slick along with allowing the paint to level out

and adhere to the bait without drawing up into

a wet spot?

Or do you make a mix of these liquids and add to

paint to thin as needed? If so how much are

you mixing up at a time?

Coley