WannabeeFishing

Be gentle, it's my first time

I completed my first repaint today. I had some issues with my $20 airbrush from Harbor Freight Tools. The scales on one side ran a bit and he's a little cross-eyed, but maybe that will make him look more vunerable to the fish I hope to catch with him. I just used three basic colors in acrylic paint and painted the eyes and spot on the side with a Q-tip.

I used the net from a Walmart goldfish net for the scales and finished it off with two coats of Devcon Two Ton. I'm really amazed how well the DTT levels out.

My thanks for all the information available on this site.

For my next trick, I ordered some clear plastic unpainted crankbaits from NetCraft. I'm a little concerned about the slick finish they have. Should I sand them a bit before the base coat, or just go for it?

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

2999_thumb.attach

3000_thumb.attach

3001_thumb.attach

Edited by WannabeeFishing
update

I took the Harbor Freight stuff back and picked up a Paasche kit at Hobby Lobby. Really nice with extra jars and included the hose. I'm looking foward to seeing how it work out. Thanks for the encouragement.

how much was the kit?? do you have pics i could see of it ? thanks

and what issues with the harbour freight one did you have because i just got one and now im a little nervous...

Edited by Bass'n'Cast

how much was the kit?? do you have pics i could see of it ? thanks

and what issues with the harbour freight one did you have because i just got one and now im a little nervous...

The biggest issue I had with the Harbour Freight unit was getting it to pick up the paint from the jar. When it would pick up it would actually spray pretty good. The variable spray feature was really nice.

I'm out of town so I can't sent a picture, but here is the link Paasche Airbrush Company - Airbrushes - Compressors - Airbrush Tanning - Airbrush Tattoos - Spray Booths - Spray Guns - Airbrush Tanning Spray Guns - Spray Booths - Spray Gun Kits - Airbrush Tanning

I got the H model. It was normally about $80, but Hobby Lobby had a 25% sale going on.

Hope this helps.