rockylinx

That time of month

Hey thats a nice line-up. I've tried the black to red combo and had the same results (purple) I went to the tackle store today I was surprised with the fact none of the plastic baits had red in them and all the hard baits had some short of red shade in them. This is bugging me, I love the fact that couple of you guys mentioned the use of red flake thats the option I'm going with. Thank You for the inspiration.

Pete

BassAkwards was the black you were adding is it LC black. I added some to Amber Brown to darken it up and it turned green. I wonder if the black has a lot of blue in it when they make it?

rockylinx I belive most softbaits don't have red on the color pattern is that they bleed a lot and stain the other colors. I have seen red on solid black baits but that is all I have seen red on.

SWO -

The LC Lipstick appears to be a pearl. Are you adding just the pearl to get the bright red color?

Smallie,

I mixed LC Lipstick with LC Bright Red and it gave me a very realistic blood red color (realistic enough to gross out my wife). Be careful with the Lipstick though - it is very potent. I started out with 2 ounces of LC 500 and about 1/16 of a teaspoon of Lipstick and it was too much. It took 300 drops of LC Bright Red (yes, I actually counted them) to turn the mix from reddish brown to blood red.

I would start with about a match head size scoop of Lipstick in 2 ounces of plastic and then add Bright Red and more Lipstick a little at a time until you get the shade that you want.

Edited by SWO