bassman2008

Crawfish airbrush stencils

Man, it's just not my week.

Yesterday, I was driving home from the lake after doing CAST event, and my trailer axle came loose from the frame!

And now I'm talking to the past!  Hahaha

Hang in there buddy. We all have days like that. Just remember that the worm will turn.

Ben

that looks really nice oscar. mind me asking where you got the blank body for that lure? i've been keeping my eyes open for rattle shads with the dorsal fin but haven't seen any yet. thanks for the tip!

cheers,

BM08

Bill lewis will sell you their blanks, I  had emailed them once before because I  wasn't happy with some of lipless chinese blanks I  purchased before, just email them, no sanding a whole lot less money too.

I get sheets of plastic used for stencils from hobby lobby. I believe I found them in the acrylic brush paints section. Take an exacto knife and start cutting curves. Make all sizes and shapes. Use these as a guide to freehand onto the bait. I use the outside of the curve but the inside is more artistically correct for shading (outside curve is easier for me). This produces a hard crisp edge and a overspray soft edge giving a 3-d effect. Then short bursts at low pressure for dots and whatnot. Not as fast but looks better to me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

post-22736-0-11945800-1381188974_thumb.jpg

post-22736-0-28235000-1381189022_thumb.jpg

post-22736-0-03512100-1381189111_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I get sheets of plastic used for stencils from hobby lobby. I believe I found them in the acrylic brush paints section. Take an exacto knife and start cutting curves. Make all sizes and shapes. Use these as a guide to freehand onto the bait. I use the outside of the curve but the inside is more artistically correct for shading (outside curve is easier for me). This produces a hard crisp edge and a overspray soft edge giving a 3-d effect. Then short bursts at low pressure for dots and whatnot. Not as fast but looks better to me.

Man!  Those are some nice paint jobs. I would sure like to learn more on how you do your craws. They are amazing.

Royce

• Like 1