muskietom51

what am I doing wrong

hi guys I got a wiley bait shaped out and drilled a hole on the bottom had it on center to add lead. When I floated it in a tub of water the lure leans to one side not bad. will adding the lip correct the retrive when i do get to lake maybe by bending the front eye screw. This is the first time I've added weigh. I'm stumped but won't give up.

AND THE ANSWER IS! your not ballanced correctly. Takes more than one hole in hardwood baits and it will not lean if you follow my plan exactly.Wood is not ballanced from the start and uneven. If your working with solid wood lures then I can help but I don't work with balsa or plastic.Not sure what material your using.

what will the effects be on a slightly weighted wiley? curious on this one the ones I've used dig down but i'm thinking they only go 5 to 6 feet deep being retrived. Boatnik on the balance plan you have, sure would like to know it. I use cedar on just about everything i try to make. I did my best on locating the center of the bait an center puched a hole before drilling so the drill bit wouldn't walk on me. I tried the same thing on some Tuff SHADS an they tilt alittle also.