CL Rods

Well I finally posted my color blind efforts

I uploaded my early efforts from painting so far, so please go easy on the comments. Just go check out the gallery.

I will have to take over Rookies name because he can paint!

In fact I was at his place and he painted a basic bluegill from beginning to end in 10 minutes gills, lines, and all (no top coat) just to harrass me and show me that once I had the colors and templates it can be done. I just shook my head and was amazed.

These two shad raps were my first two.

DSCN0977-a.jpg

DSCN0977-a.jpg

DSCN0977-a.jpg

DSCN0977-a.jpg

DSCN0977-a.jpg

DSCN0977-a.jpg

DSCN0977-a.jpg

DSCN0977-a.jpg

3044_thumb.attach

Hey 76Gator,

I went to your gallery and looked at them all; I can see a level of progression in your work and their looking darn good. Some of the details, like adding fins, add to the realism of the baits. Your getting around a bit of a disadvantage and you should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work and good luck.

10 mins... no way.. that lure took me a good 2 or 3 hours.. I had to find my sandpaper.. 30 mins to find it.. find my can of bulldog.. another 30 mins.. find my primer.... find the soap to wash off the scuff dust... Call Dean up and shoot the breeze for another hour or so... Listen to you show me how great adding glitter to a lure makes it look when your COLOR BLIND!!!! Then clean out my all my guns.. find my paint to put in the guns.. another 30 mins... all in all I had alot of time in that gill... you just saw the easy part!!!! SHOOTIN THE PAINT!!! I still have to write a Tater Hog Story so someone will buy it.. They dont pay me for the lure they pay me for the uncanny ability to write and misspell words on purpose! If they paid me for the paid job I would BE BROKE!!! WAIT!!!! I AM BROKE!!!

Now I said BASIC not like one of your custom wake bait monsters or swimbaits. Hell if I waited around for you to gripe about how long it takes to paint the detailed face and those blue or purple or whatever color lines that go on the gills and stuff I'd have to go back to the barber for another hair cut. And it was already sanded sealed and primed up white, forgot to mention that. Hell I was just talking about the BASICS of coloring and patterning the dang thing.

But really folks, you need to convince him to make or should I say SELL you one of his new jointed baits whatever the blooming name for this one will be. In fact if your a musky dude I'd have him make you one of his perch versions of the swimmbait and then get one of the new THANGS he has come up with.