Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tally

Signature help

14 posts in this topic

Can someone tell what type of pen, pencil or marker to use to put a signature on with. I am using automotive paint base/clear (PPG) and will be top coating with devcon 2 ton.

thanks-

Tally

Tally,

Any kind of permanent ink will work. Just make sure it is dry before you coat it. And like the rest of the guys said..... no solvents.

Skeeter

Thanks-

I used a permanent marker, but even after 30 minutes, it wiped off. Will the devcon cover it with out smearing?

I went out last night and bought black India ink and a dip pen. I would prefer to use a thin marker.

Tally

Tally,

If you are making baits with a lexan bill what not use an engraver and mark the bill. I've seen gus that use lettered punches to mark the bills it looks pretty cool!!

Blackjack-

Tell me more-How? A picture would be nice.

You guys keep going and I am going to change

my name to: The Proffesional Hobbiest.

Tally

I'm with Red....I use different color micro sharpies.... They turn out well and many people ask how I paint my name so small! LOL :D

I have aslo seen where you can print your name out on a laserjet printer on acetate film and epoxy that into the clearcoat. It looks pretty good to especially if you want to add a logo.

Chip :idea:

You can any kind of marker. What I do is shoot a very light coat of clear water base sealer over the signature only. Then it will not run or smear when the clear coat is applied.

Thanks Guys! Sounds like a lot of different options. I'll fool around with it for a while until I find which way I like best.

Tally

Tally,

Don't fool around with it. Go to a hobby shop and get a marker with Archival ink. It works.... Period.

Skeeter

O.K.---O.K. Skeeter!!!!! I am going to change your name to "daddy", you don't ever beat around the bush. You just get your point across extremely well. :lol:

Tally