smartbassu

First baits, Thanks to you guys!

You say it , Vodkaman , very interesting topwaters ;)!

I suppose , that they skim over the surface , causing a wake .

@ smartbassu , you have created an unique design , did you also but weights into the tail portion , so that the lures might maybe swim "walk-the-dog"-style ?

Keep on carving :), diemai

Thanks guys. I decided to make my own lures because I couldn't find any top water prop baits that I like. The original wood carving looks like a curvey Dalton Special.

I took that basic design and made a mold. Once I had copies I decided to shape the resin lures and make a popper and a walker. I haven't finished the popper yet. The unique shape came when I smoothed the sides and front to see if it would walk the dog. It didn't and at first I was disappointed but then noticed it had an erratic fleeing baitfish action when jerked. It actually jumps out of the water sometimes. Catches fish too! I don't think they have seen any lure like it.

I didn't weight the tail section. I'll try and get better pictures of the shape. The tail sits just a little lower because it's narrower.

I dressed the treble myself. I'm not the best at tying. My hair jigs catch fish but that's because they're so ugly the fish haven't seen one like it before.:lol: