CL Rods

I just like BASS

Well I saw the photo in the latest issue and knew I had to make a knock off of it. I am working on a template for this picture and man it is hard so I went about it by traditional methods.

Have any of you successfully cut out a really good scale tempate and care to share how you did it? Yeah I know chuckle, chuckle on being successfull. If you don't mind sharing I'd love to hear from you.

OK, OK, so the picture is more brown looking (per my wife), well like I've said I'm color blind. The dang things are supposed to be greenish!

DSCN0996-a.jpg

DSCN0997-a.jpg

DSCN0996-a.jpg

DSCN0997-a.jpg

DSCN0996-a.jpg

DSCN0997-a.jpg

DSCN0996-a.jpg

DSCN0997-a.jpg

DSCN0996-a.jpg

DSCN0997-a.jpg

DSCN0996-a.jpg

DSCN0997-a.jpg

DSCN0996-a.jpg

DSCN0997-a.jpg

DSCN0996-a.jpg

DSCN0997-a.jpg

3073_thumb.attach

3074_thumb.attach

Edited by 76gator
comments from my wife!

That's funny Rofish. I'm jealous of anyone who can actually manipulate images on the computer. It looks like a blast.

76gator, I am a computer illiterate, so I can't help you, but your bait looks good.

Maybe try misting the green with transparent brown, and a little gold. But I'd fish it like it is.

Again, it seems to me that contrasting areas, like a white belly and dark back, with shading on the sides, are the key in any color scheme, with glitter for flash as an initial attractant on the back and sides.

You colors are not off or incorrect, just a little different. Bass look different from lake to lake and clear or dingy water. The only change on your bait that I would suggest is to use a dirty green on the back of your bait, then lightly dust it with iridescent gold. That's a really good paint job.

Thanks, and I hope you too aren't red-green deficient. :lol: But I agree, I have caught some out of mirky water with lots of weeds and they are as green as can be. Or at least I think they were.....:eek:

I have just always liked bass pattern lures and I am convinced for those black and or brown belly scales I can create the right template. I have a decent start but inevitably get in a hurry and goof it up and it is back to the drawing board...:o