- - - - -

Paint removal without sanding?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

Seeking 54, sorry if you took it the wrong way, but I wasn't blaming you for ruining my lure. The brake fluid was something I haven't tried before and had high hopes that it would work. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over a $4 bait. I think next time I'll monitor my bait a little more closely while soaking. I think this idea has promise, I just think I soaked my bait too long. I see the bait you used was not a clear plastic bait. Brake fluid may react totally different with the clear plastic type baits. I will experiment some more with the idea. Thanks for sharing the info.

#22 SmokeyJ

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:43 PM

Try EZ-Off oven cleaner. RC guys use it remove paint from their RC cars and boats.

EZ-Off tutorial

BTW, I personally don't have a problem with blackjack not giving away something that he was asked not to give away by someone in his industry (remember, he makes these for a living, not just a hobby). You burn bridges really quick giving stuff like that away. Honestly, I probably would have just not said anything if I were him, but he probably said that to encourage guys to keep looking. Who knows, maybe the EZ-Off is what he was talking about.

Edited by SmokeyJ, 06 June 2008 - 11:51 PM.
added link

#23 chartreuse

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:10 AM

that EZ-off looks promising :yes:

#24 blackjack

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:57 AM

I think if you review my last 275 posts you will see that I have shared more than enough information, that does not include any PMs that have been sent, my post was meant to inspire those that are looking to keep trying because there is an answer. Seems that was not enough for some I guess next time I will not post.
"I cannot teach anyone anything, I can only make them think"- Socrates

#25 Spike-A-Pike

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:00 AM

I watch the various forums and something I noticed is that many new guys want to shortcut the learning process. Over the years I have found that a good failure is often a better teacher than a lucky success. How did any of us figure out not to put our fingers in the fire or boiling water??? We most likely tried it once; and once was enough for a life time.

Remember, knowledge is no substitute for experience, but the two do go hand in hand.