I'd just like to say "Thank You" to all the guys here on TU , that have greatly inspired me to try something new in my luremaking:worship:.
So here are my very first lure blanks thru-wired with the attachement eye on their lips , I have never made this style of lure before , I've always thought , that it was too tricky to bend the wire harness to proper shape .
I saw a lot of such lures posted here on TU , so I made up my mind to give it a try as well , and I noticed , that it is not that hard at all .
Thanks for that initial push:)!
My bunch of lures is carved out of abachewood , the harness with the connected lexan lip lip is going to be epoxied into a slot on the belly , that I pre-cut with a saw and extended to required depth with a "Dremel" cutting disc .
I am only not sure yet , wether I should glue in lead sheet weights in the slot as well right from the start , or I should wait for first testing of the completed , but unpainted blanks , and then trim them with lead shot !
I guess , the latter would be safer in terms of the best action to be achieved !
But at first now I am going to put them into a linseedoil/turpentine mixture for a few days to protect the wood against water sepage .
After that , they would have to dry at least for two to three weeks , to be ready for the first paint coat .
Meantime I'd be working on some teakwood lures , cut the blanks out already .
Again , thank you all , it's great to be here .
Greetings , diemai