CMARTIN269

ol homer paul elias

Does anybody know the color Paul Elias was using in his great win.

I've tried to search the color but doing a search is near impossible with everything you have to go through .

I can't get anywhere.I would like to here comment on the color.

and I apologize if this has been discussed in depth before.

6:09 to 6:14 is a peak into his tackle box, and he pulls out a Chartreuse/Black Back in the same model.

9:09 is the same model bait, in a fire tiger pattern.

From the BPS website: Luhr Jensen Hot Lips Express T.A. Casting Crankbait

So far it seems like colors: 28 (crystal Chartreuse shad), 79 (crystal firetiger), and 83 (crystal chartreuse/blue)

Edited by senkoman85

I didn't watch the entire video, but after seeing the bait 3 times, and seeing that all 3 times that they were Luhr-Jensen Hotlips, well...we know he was at least using that. Maybe he did switch up to the new Mann's "Go2" series. I would assume that ol' homer is a chartreuse based color

From a press release:

I recommend to watch the video again slowly.... pause it if you can.... He did catch fish on the hot lips but at 9.08 (pause it here) it clearly shows a Mann's 20+ hanging out of the hawg's mouth.... At 16.18 he mentions throwing the 20+...... At 17.56 he mentions the fish swallowing the 20+. Now on the video it is hard to tell if it is a 20+ but I see no reason Not to believe him......... I have had four requests for this color since the video came out........ Also since the Falcon tournament Tackle Warehouse started carrying 20+ and Jelly worms.........

There's a pic of the bait on page 112 in Bassmaster Mag. You can't see the colors on the cover pic, but can tell its a mann's.

That vid was awesome ! You can see the Mann's crank on two diff fish catches, in the mag he said he used the 20+ and hot lips, along with the big jelly worm. Thanks for putting that vid up, its good to see diff sides of these guys.

T-Ball