Mac10

Zoomies

Zoom Baits makes a Speedworm in two models, the regular speedworm and the ultra vibe speedworm. If you have the regular paddle tail speedworm in watermelon/red, clip off the tail at the narrow spot. If you have the ultra vibe model, cut the body a quarter inch up from the hooktail. For whatever the reason, watermelon red works the best of all the colors offered in the speedworm line.

Texpose the "Zoomie" body with a 2/0 worm hook and fish it weightless in the following manner.

Use a skipping sidearm cast at all times, even when casting to relatively open waters such as those approaching weed edges, rocks, etc. etc. In short, cast toward likely cover/structure. Let fall to bottom. If a fish doesn't grab it on the fall, wait 30 seconds, watching line at all times, if still nothing, lift the bait s l o w l y about two feet off bottom to feel for fish...if you still feel nothing on, tremor the bait once. This tremor is made by gripping the rod handle tighter in a quick manner without tryin to move the rod tip intentionally. This sudden tightening on the handle causes the line and lure to pulse and the bait suddenly darts a bit in an unpredictable direction.

After tremoring the bait, let it re-fall and pause again, but this time for 15 seconds on bottom...lift once again, but this time if you don't feel anything on, reel in at a moderate rate. All in all, it will take about one minute per cast if done correctly.

Zoomies cast like a bullet and skip very well. Also great for fishng under docks, laydowns, and rocks. In the weeds, they do well also. In thick weeds, cast to open pockets, let fall, they will momentarily hang on weeds.....after they stop falling, pause a few seconds, then give the lure a slow pull, just enough to dislodge it from it's resting place and then on a free line let it fall again. Do this enough times and the zoomie will often work its way clear to the bottom.

If the end tears up from fighting fish, rig it in the other end....if that end also wears out, rig it in the middle for wacky fishing.

I don't think I could convince you how effective this bait and method is for catching both largemouth and smallmouth bass.......but it works very well.

I use 6 lb test line on a MH graphite rod for fishing zoomies. I also cut off the motor and drift into the area I want to fish. I also turn off the fish finder before entering the area.

Good Fishing, Mac

leadfreejigheads.com