Mac10

Dipping...a question....

If I take the body of a zoom speedworm, minus the tail (looks like a senko knock off)....and dip it in melted plastic, will it , coat the wormbody evenly or will it tend to run down and make the ends fatter..... What I am trying to do is make the whole worm body fatter without changing its specific shape. Thanks for the help and Good Fishing, Mac

In a word...yes.

Take a straight piece of wire about 6" long and make a half circle on one end; stick the straight end into the tail end of the worm far enough so that the worm will not fall off. Dip into the plastic and pull out right away; don't hold it into the plastic for long. Then hang the bait up with the ben you put in the wire to let it cool.

If you get too much of a shape change on the nose then after it's cooled down, take a micro torch and reshape the nose to the way you want it.

www.novalures.com

Wow a micro torch.Never thougt of that and boy do I have a need to try it.

I use one to fix small problems. If you have small cold cracks they can fix those too. Just heat gradually; don't try to do it quickly or you will scorch the plastic and also may start the plastic to run. Takes practice.

www.novalures.com

Ditto on the torch,what a great tool for plastic problems,use it alot,I just started dipping the heads of my frogs also in the clear plastic to keep my eyes from falling off,dipping very hot plastic works for me,the hotter the plastic and quicker the dip the thinner the coat will be,you can play with it until you get the desired thickness