strictly esox

Buying new airbrush opinions wanted

Well after reading your post I got on ebay and purchased one of these. I did not get as good of a deal as you I had to bid for it and only got it for $37.95:yeah:. I am looking forward to using it. I will let you guys know how it works out. I contacted the seller about how to get replacement parts and they have them on their website. Here it is if you need some parts for yours. Buyairbrushes.com - airbrushes, airbrush compressors, airbrush tanning, supplies and kits

Thanks for the info saved me a lot of $

What is this airbrush called? it is close to what im looking for.

Go on the site, and look for the PS900 and 950 guns. The both have MAC valves, which are the main selling point. Being able to adjust the airflow at the gun is priceless.

The 950 has a smaller paint cup. Both guns have .02 tips, which is really for finer work, so I doubt you'd need the bigger cup, and the smaller brush has a solid ring at the nozzle, not the notched ring, which is a little more trouble to seal when you're backwashing the brush. It's $10 more, but maybe it's worth it.

One of the side benefits of wearing disposable latex gloves when you paint (thank you Pete) is that the latex makes it easier to seal the notched nozzle when you backflush by just twisting it in your fingers. Otherwise, it can be a pain. But nothing like when I backflushed a Badger for the first time, and encountered the exposed needle. Ouch!

ok thanks! i think im going to order one, what else besides the hose and compressor do i need right away? and what is backwashing? im guessing it is to clean it but i am completly new to all of this. Any one have a good guide to starting airbrushing? mostly how to adjust the brush for painting and how to clean it

I'd order the hose when you order the brush so you can be sure it fits. You may (probably) need some hose adapters just depending on the fittings on your compressor and air hose. You also need a moisture trap and a pressure regulator on your compressor, depending on the compressor you use. A tool compressor is fine but outputs too much pressure for an airbrush. A regulator allows you to dial down the pressure. Backwashing - put some water or Windex in the brush and squeeze the trigger to begin clearing out the paint. With the airbrush full of cleaner, press your finger over the tip and shoot, forcing any paint left in the mix chamber back out through the cup. It cleans out the chamber better than just running cleaner through the brush. Note - if you have a notched tip like in the pic, backwashing may not be an option unless you remove the nozzle and needle first.

Go on the site, and look for the PS900 and 950 guns. The both have MAC valves, which are the main selling point. Being able to adjust the airflow at the gun is priceless.

The 950 has a smaller paint cup. Both guns have .02 tips, which is really for finer work, so I doubt you'd need the bigger cup, and the smaller brush has a solid ring at the nozzle, not the notched ring, which is a little more trouble to seal when you're backwashing the brush. It's $10 more, but maybe it's worth it.

One of the side benefits of wearing disposable latex gloves when you paint (thank you Pete) is that the latex makes it easier to seal the notched nozzle when you backflush by just twisting it in your fingers. Otherwise, it can be a pain. But nothing like when I backflushed a Badger for the first time, and encountered the exposed needle. Ouch!

Hi guys!

My name is Clint Wilder, I'm the sales manager for NBI Marketing www.buyairbrushes.com I noticed the buzz about our brushes here on the forum, so I had my techie guys create a coupon code for the PS900 and PS1000 airbrushes for you guys. if you enter the coupon code bigfish1 after you add the brush to your cart, you'll get a 35% discount (about $38 for the PS900). Oh and I promise, I won't be spamming you guys, I just thought I'd throw the coupon code out to you. Thanks for the interest in our products!

Hi guys!

My name is Clint Wilder, I'm the sales manager for NBI Marketing www.buyairbrushes.com I noticed the buzz about our brushes here on the forum, so I had my techie guys create a coupon code for the PS900 and PS1000 airbrushes for you guys. if you enter the coupon code bigfish1 after you add the brush to your cart, you'll get a 35% discount (about $38 for the PS900). Oh and I promise, I won't be spamming you guys, I just thought I'd throw the coupon code out to you. Thanks for the interest in our products!

Sounds great! Thanks man. Looking into buying my first airbrush right now. Perfect timing.:yay:

CD, thanks for your generous offer, I hope some of the guys here take it up . Is there any new brushes in the pipeline, with a .3 tip, and MAC valve, for larger jobs? Pete

* Perfect for detail work

* Incredible atomisation

* Solvent resistant seals

* Cutaway handle for easier adjustment and needle control

* Balanced weight reduces user fatigue

* Micro Air Control (MAC) valve for ultimate air control

Hi Pete,

We do have a few new models coming out for 2009. A few bottom feed, side feed and more nozzle/tip sizes. Right now we do have .3mm nozzles and needles available that fit the PS900, PS905 and PS1000 brushes, so they have a wider range. Later this year or right after the first of the year we will have a few new kits that come with .3mm, .5mm and .8mm needle/nozzle all in one. So the long and the short is yes, we have in the works a lot of new toys coming out along with many, many more accessories. Any other questions, please feel free to ask and I'll do my darndest to get you guys good answers. Thanks a million!

cdwilder,

Just tried to order the ps900 with the coupon code.....it didn't work...did you pull it???? Anyway I ordered the gun anyway....I am a big Iwata user, have been for years. I have heard many things about your guns so I am going to try one.

Rod

Hi Rod,

I just got your email, and the promo code is still going. You tackleunderground guys are great! We're going to keep the discount for you guys going until at least the end of the year.

To use the discount you need to add an item to your shopping cart and then enter the code bigfish1 in the coupon box. Then, hit update cart and the discount will be applied for you. If you have questions or trouble checking out, you can always just give me a call on my direct line (801) 391-9730.

Thanks!

Clint Wilder,

NBI Marketing

www.buyairbrushes.com

You will find that paint is easier to spray from the gravity feed brush. I use the hp-cs and only thickest pearl paints give me any trouble.

Hey BobP!!

I noticed that you did not agree with benton B: However I must disagree with your disagreement, and insist that his statement above is correct. There are several factors involved is spraying water-base acrylics, from needle size to thoroughly mixed paint, but with all these factors being equal, the gravity brush outperforms the siphon brush, requiring less air pressure, and is much more resistant to clogging, and/or begins flowing and spraying much easier when shooting thicker paints. I will never go back to siphon brushes, for this reason!!!!

I promise you that Newton had a full grasp of the situ, when that apple supposedly dropped on his head!!:lol:

Dean

Dean, thanks for showing Benton's quote or I wouldn't have been able to dope out what the subject was! This thread is too long and winding! Whatever the heck I said about airbrush types, I never intended to denigrate gravity feed airbrushes! I never use anything else, and for the reasons you cite. It's just a better system IMO! But if you use a siphon brush, that doesn't mean you're a hopeless! Plenty of those siphon brush guys can paint circles around me! A great artist makes great art with any tool at his disposal. Great tools just make it easier.

Hey Bob!

I understand :lol: completely what you were saying, I always think of someone else reading that one line...

[it isn't a matter of gravity vs syphon feed, it's about tip size vs paint particle size.]

...and confusing someone who is just learning the differences between airbrushes. I'm glad you have moved from the darkside as far as airbrush paint goes too; :lol: the quality stuff is so much easier to live with, from spraying through clean-up...if that make us snobs, well then let us raise our fine vintage aperitifs in a toast to those we've left behind!!

:D

Dean