AlamOso

Prototype Rotational Lure Dryer

I made this dryer which has worked well for some time now. It is really overkill for curing lures. I am designing a production model (not so beefed-up) that may be about 90 days away. The problem with this configuration is that it costs a small fortune to build. I would very much appreciate gathering your opinions as to if you-all think that hobbiest luremakers would be interested in equipment like this, and how much most would be willing to cough-up for it. I go into a few more details at www.rivercitylures.50megs.com/mach/rotr/rotr.htm

Thanks,

Garrett (formerly I.B. Cranking)

rotr1_.jpg

rotr1_.jpg

rotr1_.jpg

rotr1_.jpg

rotr1_.jpg

rotr1_.jpg

rotr1_.jpg

rotr1_.jpg

295_thumb.attach

Looks well made . Doest it wobble about 12 inches in each dirrection like mine ? Mine is made from wood and I have to screw it down or it will walk across the floor . I just put a new motor on mine and it sounds like a jet taking off , but it will spin my odd lures which are up to 18 inches long and wieghing around 3 pounds . Talk about nerveous waiting to hear that well know smack of a lure falling off drying machine . Remember , if you get dirt in it while its still wet just sprinkle glitter on it . Not that I have . What are you looking at selling these units for ?

The one I made is overkill. I've got some ideas of how to strip it down a little, but don't want to sacrifice the quality. I think that I would have to charge in the $125 to $150 range to make it worth the effort.

I don't really see a large market for these that could make the costs go down by mass production. I'm sure that China could make make my price look like a joke, if there is such a market.