Rip

Lucky Craft Blanks?

Netcraft has hardbody lure blanks that resemble the Pointer 78 and 100 series. Netcraft claims these will also suspend.

I saw some on there but they looked like they were already painted. I can not find them on jans netcraft

Everyone is pretty wuick to rip on knockoffs and it's true they are not the same. However, that doesn't mean they are terrible or they won't catch fish. They are great to practice on and aren't bad looking either. Anytime someone is trying to copy an original your not going to get the original so don't expect it, but do expect to be able to make great looking baits that will catch fish. Also try mike vann's baits that are on here in the classified ads or on vanndilizer.com

Definately. They're not LC's, but they catch fish. And the best part is, you can finish one for a few $ and a litlle time, and we all know thats a fraction of the cost of the LC's and some of the other baits. I personally haven't caught any fish on the knock-off jerks, but my friends have. But I can speak for the other styles. They work very well with a little tuning, and I've caught some good fish on 'em. It hurts my feelings to pay $15 to $20 for a massed produced lure, and in the end, the slight differences don't mean that much to me. Its all about where, when, and how you fish.

Jay

Nice site. I like the way the eyes on his lures kind of pop.

Does he manuf. the bodies, or import them?

In regards to knockoffs, I am actually a knockoff artist. :wink:

All the lures I make are knockoffs of other people's ideas, so I don't have anything against knockoff. In fact, Bill Siemental, the creator of the BBZ1 trout swimbait, told me recently that all the jointed swimbait lures are really knockoffs of the first one that he and the rest of the SoCal swimbait makers used back in the 80's. I can't remember the name he gave me, but he said it was a small jointed lure that looked like a trout.

So knockoffs aren't a sin. Just the way this sport/hobby had evolved.

Nice site. I like the way the eyes on his lures kind of pop.

Does he manuf. the bodies, or import them?

In regards to knockoffs, I am actually a knockoff artist. :wink:

All the lures I make are knockoffs of other people's ideas, so I don't have anything against knockoff. In fact, Bill Siemental, the creator of the BBZ1 trout swimbait, told me recently that all the jointed swimbait lures are really knockoffs of the first one that he and the rest of the SoCal swimbait makers used back in the 80's. I can't remember the name he gave me, but he said it was a small jointed lure that looked like a trout.

So knockoffs aren't a sin. Just the way this sport/hobby had evolved.

Thanks Mark, that statement is the most elequent way of saying what I've been wanting to say for a long time. Very good.

David

Great looking baits are nice. Great looking baits that don't catch fish are worse than useless. They waste your time and dollars when you oughta be catching fish! Realistically, do you expect a Chinese LC knockoff to run straight out of the box and have the same quality control and action as an original? I'm disappointed with 75% of the knockoffs I've tried over the years. If I have to go through 4 knockoffs to get a crankbait that's competitive with an original, where's the saving? Am I catching any fish? OK, I spent 2 hrs painting each of the knockoffs in an eye popping pattern. But - AM I CATCHING ANY FISH? Nothing else matters. With gas at $4+ per gallon and $50k+ bassboats, $15 for the LC begins to look not so expensive. Bottom line: If you can't do it better, don't do it.

I knocked off a knock off.. because the knock off plastic was JUNK!! anyway I love my new knockoff knockoff mold.. Now I can use my own materials and put custom lips in it to make it have different actions and depths. Yeah I could have carved another design but Im tried!! Wearing out.. plus I had extra RTV mixed up and didnt want it to go to waste so I grab a knock off and molded it!!.. so I guess I cheated a bit.. BUT THIS IS THE UNDERGROUND RIGHT!!! Were are suppose to walk on the wild side.. So I figure nobody will sue me if you knock off a knock off!!!

The Rookie

It wasnt a lucky craft knock off. you buy at Janns.. plus I would never sell it as the real thing because after Im done with it.. it will look nothing like the real thing.. the lip will be at a different angle.. it will be solid plastic.. Circut board lips.. you will be able to look at it and say its not the real thing right off the bat.. I just thought it was funny.. to knock off a knock off.. Copying a copy.. To make the copy better! Kinda funny if you think about it..

It wasnt a lucky craft knock off. you buy at Janns.. plus I would never sell it as the real thing because after Im done with it.. it will look nothing like the real thing.. the lip will be at a different angle.. it will be solid plastic.. Circut board lips.. you will be able to look at it and say its not the real thing right off the bat.. I just thought it was funny.. to knock off a knock off.. Copying a copy.. To make the copy better! Kinda funny if you think about it..

That's my boy! ya know, Rookie, we just may make you an honorary Ky Blue Redneck. Or is that onery. Oh well, what ever. :lol:

Hope everything is ok for y'all. Haven't heard from you. Give me a call and let me know how things are.

David