FERG DADDY

Pictures of your Paint Process

I am very new to the building of lures, but even newer to the art of painting them. I have a cheap air brush and a ton of craft paint. Would anyone be able to post a sequence of pictures showing the steps they take when they paint a lure? I would like to see it with the basecoat, maybe next showing your "scale pattern" with material applied and then a few showing the next steps you go through. I am very interested in seeing shading and how to blend the colors together.

Just a note on scale material: I took apart a filter from a range hood and it has a bunch of metal "semi-hexagons". They are a bit on the big side, but I am doing a musky lure for my dad for Fathers' Day, so I am fine with the size.

If you select the "How To" button on the upper menu bar, it will take you to the Member Submitted Tutorials. Making A Hand Crafted Bomber,Scale Patterns Explained,and Trying to Achieve a Flawless Finish are all good tutorials that will give you a basic understanding of what steps are involved.

You will also need to do a few searches on primer, finishing, shading, etc., to research your answers. The information is here, but you're going to have to work at it a while to get the experience and skills to do a good job; some folks pick it up like they've been doing it for years and others takes years to pick it up.

Good luck.