Shad Lips

looking for some 1/24 oz round jig heads

For years I've been filing the sides off a 1/16 oz jig with the end result looking like an aspirin jig head, however I'd rather just buy a 1/24 oz round head with barbed collar to hold plastics on and a size 4 or size 6 hook. There are times when a 1/16 is too heavy and a 1/32 is just too light to get the job done. The only 1/24 oz jig I've found is Crappie Pro brand ... and they are pricey to say the least. $6.95 for 25 unpainted jig heads is a little steep.

Edited by Shad Lips

If you crimp on number 7 clamshot split shots from Bass Pro on jig hooks, they come out around a 20th ounce or so.....I pinch them on and powder paint them....locks them on nicely.

I know this is an old thread but have you thought about a 1/32 oz. with collar or collar and barb and removing the collar and or collar and barb? Just might be in the 1/24 oz. range. Also there is a U Tube demonstration on how to turn a 1/32 oz round head mold into 1/24 oz. with a router bit. Sorry but I didn't save the web address. Pop