Rip

lure holders?

7 posts in this topic

I usually use an exacto blde handle to hold my crank baits when I am paintin them..... I am painting something I made and it has the bigger (thicker) screw in hook holders. Does anyone have any suggestions on something that I can use to hold them .... I like the exacto blade holders because they slide right into my rotator as it is the foam set up.....

You might use a needle-nosed vise grip or a less expensive clone of the same. Adjust to any size and it should carry a fairly large weight load.

Hey Rip

Welcome into the underground.

You might want to try using hemostats. Cheap and easy - I use larger ones on jigs up to 2 oz.

Most supply houses carry them and you can find them on ebay. Might have to re-work your "rotator".

Hey Rip

Welcome into the underground.

You might want to try using hemostats. Cheap and easy - I use larger ones on jigs up to 2 oz.

Most supply houses carry them and you can find them on ebay. Might have to re-work your "rotator".

My rotator is layered foam so I can just tighten if I need to...... I could even dip the hemostats in the liquid rubber stuff so it has a little more bite......Why didnt I think of hemostats......

Heat shrink tubing works great. I use it on small alligator clips for ultra lite stuff - keeps the hooks from rolling around.

Just be sure not to use the vice grips on the line tie. They can leave nasty sharp ridges that love to cut line.