heavycover

Airbrush scale patterns

I have been using the netting from Jans to get scale patterns and like it but am looking for other options. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Wal mart sells some stuff called tool netting in there fabric area..... 97 cent per yard..... it comes in various sizes and stifness...... very nice stuff.

Hey Heavy.... I too use the stuff from Jann's and Stamina... but I also use nylon screening from Lowes/Home Depot..... minnow netting, as mentioned above...... and one of my favorites (that I learned from Dean) is to get the mosquito netting at Walmart and cut it to fit. I use several sizes of embroidery hoops......

Hope you got some rain up there..... drying out down this way...... :(

BJ

If you're making bigger lures with flat sides, self-adhesive drywall web tape cut and set square, or to a 45 degree angle works well. The adhesive doesn't lift airbrush paint that's been heat set, and it's cheap. I cut individual pieces for my sectional baits, so I can paint them assembled without worrying about the parts shifting and the mesh tape moving during handling.

shallot "bags" (shallots are kinda like small onions). Onion "bags".

I'm looking for a source of mesh like that found on the back section/side pockets of certain backpacks and other outdoor gear like some climbing rope bags. This has more and thicker material and thus lets less paint through (unlike shallot bags, onion bags, and some of the webbing I found at hobby lobby).