pikeman1

looking for purple prism baits-or purp/foil

The area I fish gets trolled with alot of baits that are purple prism, in color(thundersticks,reef runners). Was wondering if any of you hardbait making guys make anything similar to that? Looking for something diff to troll by the walleye. Was looking for something on the order of a hot n tot or the rapala dt. Looked in the picture gallery and saw some foil covered baits that look nice.

Hey Bruce - Been working on some shelving in the shed, trying to make some of the junk disappear, and some of the benches to reappear- and buying that boat, I have to drive 1500 miles to pick it up this week, I think.

I Have not painted or shaped, a piece of wood since my return, and wont until I tidy up the shed, I'm embarrassed after seeing Gene and Vince's 'operations' - ask Coley??pete

Pete - It sounds like you really logged some miles while you were state-side too. Cuttem' Jack said he got a visit by you and Vince and had a blast with the meeting; I know it really cheered him up to talk lure making, fishing, and other "guy stuff". By the by, Mark said he's back to normal shoes again or will be as soon as they fit again. He's been getting a little musky fishing and spending some quality time with his son and father.

Pikeman - sorry about hijacking your thread, but Pete really is a heck of a nice guy and if your going to attempt any mylar lures, I know Pete will be right there to lend you advice.

Not looking to make any just wanted to buy something different than what everyone else is using out on the lake. The purple prism colored baits work good so was looking for something similar in color, like a foil with purple back and something that would dive down to at least ten ft when trolled like a hot n tot or rapala dt. So if anyone has anything like that I would be interested in buying a few. Can't make my own I'm a spinnerbait man, mostly fish for pike.

Mark -I did not do a tute on it, it's a bit fiddly holding a contact glued piece of mylar, and a camera at the same time, if you know what I mean!! But I think I may have posted something, I will have a look today (your tonight). pete