Bass'n'Cast

What do i need ?

Well i have been bitten, i got the bug, but don't worry i have you guys, hehe.

I do have a question about the airbrush, what do i need to power it? I know a compressor but what kind? I saw them at hobby lobby and 299.99 is a bit much.. i have a compressor that has a controllable output its for pumping tires at 70psi and i have no idea at 10psi, it ranges from 10 to 100 psi. Would this work?

The compressor can be used, I did the exact same thing some fifteen years ago. The air from the compressor will be too rough and uneaven to drive the brush directly. You need to use the compressor to fill a reservoir, a large gas cylinder. The reservoir feeds the brush with a smooth, regular supply of air.

As for the required connections etc, too many years since I was involved, but should not be too difficult to find out. From previous posts, I believe many of the mentioned large American stores stock all this stuff.

OR, just put a 'T' piece (or diverter valve) in your existing line, run it to a separate regulator/drier, and connect your brush hose here. All these fittings are readily available THERE, and if your tank is big enough (2-3 cub feet), there is enough air to keep you going for about 1/2 hour or so at 20psi. This way you have the best of both worlds with one compressor. Noise may annoy you in the long run though - I now have 2 compressors, as the neighbors don't appreciate the big one kicking in at 10 at night. pete