Rip

Hing Pins

@ Rip

To make your hinge pins , you just cut some stainless steel wire to required length with pincers or shears , possibly file or grind the sharp ends round to avoid injury and for easier inserting:wink: .

To pass through ordinary closed screweyes(not the biggest and smallest sizes around)and still provide sufficient loose play , a wire diameter of approx . 1/16" (1,6 mm) should be OK .

You can buy such wire and screweyes in tackle component stores or mailorder , you may check Welcome to Moore's Lures .

Since here in Germany we do not have too many of such sources , I utilized SST welding wire from an industrial welding gear supplier for my first swimbait attempt , this one is just a fraction softer as special luremaking wire , I can truly tolerate that for this purpose !

Greetz , diemai

You can buy tempered spinnerbait wire from Barlows, Stamina, or any other online supplier that sells lure making supplies. It's amazing how quickly a 15' roll of wire disappears!

I find tempered wire is easier to push into the tight pin holes I drill. I also bend little 90 degree flags on my pins so I can remove them if I need to. It makes the finishing process much easier, and also the repairs I sometimes need to make due to rude interactions with rocks.

I also got some sst welding wire from a friend, and it also works.

I also use bicycle spokes, and have for quite a while. They are excellent IMHO.

Mark, they do make drilling your holes easier since the bit required is larger and sturdier. I might also add here that I drill my holes from both directions just in case the bit wants to wander in the poplar. so far, it has worked every time.

David

Why go to bike store? do what I do, sneak around neighborhood with pair of linemans pliers and take one here, two there, and if I really don't like someone I'll take several. They never notice right off.

Now don't really try this at home, I'm a trained professional. :whistle::drool::D

just joking, just joking, just joking

David