dannyp

Fluid Bed Cups

The file is too big, maybe spike can make it a tutorial.

TJ

TJ,

I have discussed building fluid beds with the member that gave my a good set of detailed plans on how to make one. He declined my request. Before I normally just grab a thread or post, I ask the author if it's okay and respect that answer.

So, that said, there are enough folks with copies of the design that can provide a copy to any one who requests one. But, I feel I cannot betray the trust of one member to satisfy another, it's one of those honor code things that I've lived with for over 30 years and I won't change it at this stage of my life.

To all you guys that questioned the fluid bed tutorial. I am the creator and the person who decided not to make it as a tutorial. First of all I want to thank Bruce (Spike-A-Pike) for sticking to his word and not printing it. Now I know some of you may jump the gun and start forming opinions of me. That

UH, I Didnt mean to cause a fuss, all I was intrested in was making some extra cups for my bed I got and what medium to use for the bottoms.

Dannyp

I didn't want to come across as a jerk, that's not my style, I'm just stating why I didn't post the tutorial. If you ever want help from me just ask, and I will see what I can do. That goes to all TU members here. Some of you I do know, and the rest by communicating here I will get to know. So dannyp, if I can help you, you can post it on the forum, and I among others will help you out, or you can PM me, if you feel uncomfortable in asking "dumb questions". I have always been free with any knowledge I gain. Just like you and many others, I've been down the same road, and am trying to pave it for the newbies. I owe TU and many members here a lot for my vast amounts of knowledge I have learned here. You won't know unless you ask.

Edited by cadman

It just wouldn't be right if I failed to chime in here. I concur with MDC and JSC 110%. Both Cadman and Ledhed are two of the best examples I can think of that represent just what TU is all about. They probably do more to help others (when they should be making baits) than is normal for any member. There are so many others also that go the extra mile but since these two members were mentioned, and both have aided me in the past beyond what I could expect. If they would quit raising the bar, I might be able to get caught up. Sorry to be so windy, my nature I guess.

dannyp, you haven't created a fuss at all. Hope you got your answer for your powder cups.

Ted,

Nice job. You are also a man of integrity and honor, a commodity which seems a little less common all the time. Thank you for taking a few minutes to express your point of view on the matter. I know you have always assisted me and provided pages of solid advice and information to any and everyone who has ever asked. Your a class act Ted. I am still looking forward to meeting and your wife at the 2009 TU Meet. I know my wife Jeannie enjoyed enough she's really looking forward to attending the next one. I'll trade you a hour of musky wire bending 101 for a hour of powder painting and fluid bed 101, an hour of 102, and if time allows, a hour of 201; deal?

Take care and thanks once again, my friend Ted.

Okay,

I have neither made nor bought a fluid bed yet, but had done some thinking of one for spinnerbaits. It occurred to me that it might be difficult to get the head of a large spinnerbait in the cup due to the wire. The UNTESTED solution that I came up with was the transition pvc pipe that go from the round to rectangular. I believe these are made for drainage, but thought it might be helpful, esp. for muskie baits...

Clemmy

zman,

Now that statement is just a bit too general to draw many responses. All you are going to get on that one is the recommendation to do searches and read what has been posted numerous times in the past. If you have a specific question about the subject of powder painting, ask and you will be rewarded with lots of answers.