pizza

Revolving leather punch for smaller than "paper-hole-punch sized" kill spots/eyes.

Discovered this works great and offers many sized holes that are smaller than a standard paper hole punch. I think the punches are for making holes in leather. Just find some glossy "cardstock type ad" from the sunday paper or wherever and tape some electrical tape to it. Then use the punch. Finally use an exacto knife to start the separating and then just pull apart with fingers. The smaller size works great for smaller sized baits. The other two are a couple others I just finished. All used a large bolt to get the foil pattern. The first 2 shad shaped are fairly thin and completely contoured (sanding, sanding, and more sanding). The larger of the two measures 0.3505" thick at its thickest point. I'm starting to completely cover my baits with foil then and use thinner layers of paint to get a more refective/metallized look.

revolvingpunch.JPG

ColumbusSlimShads-Niiiiiiiiiice.JPG

4newones.JPG

revolvingpunch.JPG

4newones.JPG

revolvingpunch.JPG

4newones.JPG

revolvingpunch.JPG

4newones.JPG

revolvingpunch.JPG

4newones.JPG

revolvingpunch.JPG

4newones.JPG

revolvingpunch.JPG

4newones.JPG

revolvingpunch.JPG

4newones.JPG

3298_thumb.attach

3299_thumb.attach

3300_thumb.attach

Edited by pizza

@ pizza

Very good idea about that revolving punch:yay: !

Some 18 months ago or so there was an pictured essay in a German angling magazine .

Someone introduced his foiled topwater baits there .These were not foiled in the "normal" way , but the guy punched out dozens and dozens(or even hundreds ?) round foil pieces with a paper hole punch and glued them one by one onto the lure to achieve a perfect fish scale pattern .

Only belly and back were covered with a larger piece of foil , belly before applying scales and back after , as far as I remember .

Way too elaborate for my taste , but it looked very pretty in that magazine .

Greetz , diemai

Edited by diemai
forgot some text

Although the Lucky Craft MS series of colors (MS stands for magic scale) are my favorite colors and the most realistic finishes I have ever seen, that sounds like a royal pain in the butt!

I just may have to try it sometime.....for larger muskie sized baits one might be able to glue down sequins or some of the other goodies places like hobby lobby sells. I know when I was walking through the isles of that place, I got all kinds of crazy ideas....

Good stuff!

@ pizza

Last saturday I also got into the hobby dept. of a big store in Hamburg city , whilst waiting for my wife checking some other stores(ladies fashion , what else:wink:) .

But before I could figure out , wether I would need some more blocks of balsa , or maybe some more glitter flakes , or maybe take some of those wooden eggs to try rigging them with lips & hooks , or.....................:?:?:? , my mobile rang and she asked me to come out and fetch her:huh::( !

Well , maybe next time ..........:wink: !

Greetz , diemai