LOZ

Transparency

I'm looking to paint up some "ghost" patterns, like Lucky Craft's Ghost Minnow for example, on some clear crankbait blanks. So far I've only done a couple, but with my opaque and pearl Createx paint it isn't quite coming out just how I'd like. Is there any simple tricks or additives I could use to my paint instead of having to order some transparent Createx colors? I was thinking maybe just thin it with a little water, but I'm out of clear crankbaits to try it on:whistle:

Thanks

I was also looking for a ghost finish-type paint, and ordered some Wildelive Colors I770 Iridescent Green, since I wanted a green cast.

It works great. I spray it over my final paint job, and it makes my swimbait lures almost glow. It is transparent enough not to cover the paint job, as long as I apply it lightly, building in thin coats until I get the effect I want.

I used it on some black crappie lures I made, and it really makes them seem to glow in the water in low light and clear water, or even in stainede water. I haven't really tried them in any off colored water yet, other than mud lines. I did get a nice fish off a rock pile on a mud point with a mud line from the wind. The fish came out from behind the rocks, slammed the lure, and turned to try to take it back with him. My 25lb Bass Pro Shops mono, and the 1/0 Owner trebles kind of spoiled his lunch.:yeah:

I plan to use it as a scale enhancer on my next batch of lures, 6" three piece trout swimbaits.

You are also supposed to be able to add some transparent createx base in opaque paint and make it transparent. That way you could mix your own transparent colors without having to buy alot more paint, just one bottle of transparent base should do. I should say that I have not done this too many times so I don't know what all the colors will do.

For water based acrylic, mix 'Matte' or 'Gloss Acrylic Medium' and the color pigment you want, then mix with a bit of water, or preferably, Windex, to dilute to the right consistency - Matte is best, as it allows any color/finish which is added later to easily adhere to this layer. pete