Tackleunderground.com has undergone some significant (yet unreleased) changes!
We have always held a firm belief that the site should be ultimately directed by YOU, the end user. We have tried to keep up with your needs, surpassing some & yet lacking in others.
Over the years TU has noted patterns & changes in the seemingly ever changing community we've come to love. We truly want to take the site to a higher level & offer you the best platform to constantly improve upon & even promote your craft.
Tackleunderground.com began as a grassroots effort. With nothing more than "word-of-mouth" the site started to grow, we've experienced our share of growing pains & limitations but I'm proud to say Tackleunderground still holds true to its name by operating as an "underground" resource. TU is, what it is, without a single advertising campaign, we let our quality of content, quality of membership & a little quality of management speak for itself.
Our beloved TU is reaching a plateu of ideas & functionality, we're earning sizable numbers of new members, yet we're losing our veteran members as an indirect result, many are feeling like they've absorbed all they can from TU & move on.
It's become a good time to consider making TU a full time effort to push that envelope even further & rejuvenate the interest of all our members.
We have recently implemented alot of upgrades that will enable you more tools to make the best of what TU has to offer.
Keyword being "Full time effort" We will be requesting existing & all new members to support the site with a small subscription fee.
Also, effective immediately, TU will limit access to non-registered members (guests/visitors), these visitors could previously research the entire site without even registering. We are going to require everyone to register in order to view existing content after a small number of page views. This should appease those who complain about competition & mass producers anonymously leeching your contributions.
If the membership request is well received, we will start subcategorizing the forums organized by process, example: (all painting related topics will go under the hardbaits forum in a new area called "painting techniques")
We will also moderate all new member posts to prevent repetitive questions being posted, instead we will privately point them to the correct thread/resource without cluttering up the forum/s.
We will also activate a "help ticket system" for members so everyone can get personal assistance to any possible site problems or questions.
Current expected retail membership dues are as follows:
Monthly = $5.99 USD
Semi Annual: $29.95 USD = 1 month FREE.
Annual: $53.91 = 3 Months FREE.
However, This week, you will receive a time sensitive coupon code. You can use this code to upgrade your account to become a full access "TU Club Member"
Existing members will be given a significant discount on their subscription, depending on your level of involvement/participation in the community. These discounts will continue for the life of your membership as a way of saying "thank you" for helping make TU such a great place.
As a TU Club Member, you will have the same benefits you currently have, along with these new features:
Your Personal TU Webpage
- Your Profile page can be customized as your own TU webpage:
- Edit colors, fonts, borders, backgrounds, logo, etc.
- Create & manage your own personal photo galleries.
- Hold public conversations on your page using the personal messaging system (a public version of the PM system)
- Use the friends list feature to keep track of your buddies.
- & more.
TU Groups Access
- Now you can create & manage your own group forum, assign moderators, etc.
- Great for local luremaking clubs & events or similar topics we don't formally cover.
- (Subject to approval)
- An organized directory of links to:
- TU luremakers
- Fishing guides
- Services & more.
Lure Swaps (Insert catchier name here)
- You request the swap
- Set participant cutoff number & deadline.
- Every participant makes total number of baits (you get one of your own back)
- Ship 'em to TU with return postage fee.
- We repackage & redistribute.
- You get a bait (or package of baits) from every participant, all in one box.
- (This was hugely popular BTW)
Battle Of the Baits © (BOB)
- Compete against fellow TU members for bragging rights & cool prizes.
- Each competition has a unique challenge you must meet to qualify.
- Upload photos of your work by the deadline & be judged by your peers.
- Winners receive physical & virtual banners along with any posted awards from TU & participating sponsors.
- Battles run separately in each field (eg; soft plastics, hardbaits, etc.)
More on the burner:
- Member Stores (TackleScout - Powered by TackleUnderground.com)
- Video Demonstrations
- Group purchasing
- Supplier & service discounts
- Sponsored gatherings
- Custom apparel (with your stats/info)
- Articles & interviews
- Professional advice from Patent attorneys, marketing tips, etc.
We have a 2700 sq ft. industrial warehouse with a HD digital camera awaiting to be turned into the official TU lab, it just needs the funding.
Your opinion is important, please vote on the poll above & feel free to comment.A decision will be made this week.
Founder - Tackleunderground.com