BIGDADDY814

New To Tu And Need Some Help****

Would Like To Know Where To Buy The Devcon 2 Ton Clear Coat And I've Read Some Threads About Turning Lures As To Just Hanging Them ?are You Turning The Bait In A Horizontal Position Or A Vertical Position. Extremely New To Lure Painting. Have Been Doing Soft Plastics For Years, Think I Found A New Interest.you Guys Have Some Serious Magical Work With Those Awesome Patterns. All Tips Are Greatly Appreciated.

Thanks,

Bigdaddy814

They make some great wooden wheels at home depot and lowes made of pine planks i believe all I did was drill a hole in the center and on the edge of the circle I drilled holes all the way around....glued in some gator clips and was done in 15 mins.

BTW for the motor I used a rotisserie motor that was clearance at lowes i think i paid $35 for it

They make some great wooden wheels at home depot and lowes made of pine planks i believe all I did was drill a hole in the center and on the edge of the circle I drilled holes all the way around....glued in some gator clips and was done in 15 mins.

BTW for the motor I used a rotisserie motor that was clearance at lowes i think i paid $35 for it

So you bought a rotisserie chicken cooker and ripped out the motor? I guess assembling the drying wheel isn't that bad once you have all the necessary parts, but a 4-10rpm motor isn't something they sell at your local wal-mart. I'm sure I could find one with some effort and phone calls, but I consider that a PITA.

You can pick up the rotisserie motor at wally world while you're getting the DevCon, look around the BBQ section.

I have the one from Lowes too, they are pretty much identical.

They are sold in a long box as an add-on to existing BBQ's.

Edited by redg8r

You can pick up the rotisserie motor at wally world while you're getting the DevCon, look around the BBQ section.

I have the one from Lowes too, they are pretty much identical.

They are sold in a long box as an add-on to existing BBQ's.

I looked around my local Wally World and Home Depot...didn't see anything (granted I can't find anything at home depot). I'm heading to Lowes tomorrow to see if I can nip this in the butt.

Thanks For The Help Guys, Made My Lure Turner Today . Used A Rottisserie Motor On Sale For $14.99 With Brackets And Used A 1/2" Wooden Dowel With A Gator Clip. Set-up For One Bait Being I'm New To The Hobby. Painting With A Badger Anthem 155 Gun.still Need Tons Of Practice. Will Post Pics Of Lure Turner Soon. Full Set-up For Under $20.00 . Thanks

I found a small electric motor at Janns netcraft that is used to turn rod blanks. It turns at about 14 rpm a little fast but it works fine for me and the price was right about $8.00 bucks. I too am new to lure making and made a rotatable drying rack and have about twenty dollars in both the motor and rack. There are some great guys on the site at TU and will help you as needed

rotorhead