Ed Brabant

What to order?

The time has come to place an order for supplies. I ordered a stick kit from Del and made the mold modification and I think I have it down now. I need to order colors/glitter and such any suggestion on what colors I should buy. I live in Massachusetts. I fish New hampshire and Massachusetts. Mostly clear lakes but a few off colored rivers. Clear is about 10-20 feet visibility. Any suggestions?

There are alot of opinions on this I'm sure. I would add green pumpkin, pumpkinseed, purple, black, red and some bright colors like pink, yellow and white. After a while you will find that there is always a color out there that you would like to pour and you will keep ordering coloring and glitter. After all it is an addiction...

Scott

You sure are right it's an addiction. My wife calls me the mad scientist. I wear a magnification visor. Can't quite see as well as I use to. She sees me stiring my presto pot and asks where Egor is. I am kicking my self in the butt. I fished with the guy who owned a company in Mass he decided to stop pouring and had a ton of stuff. He moved to Lynn Mass. Ron was his name. He kept telling me to come on over and he would take care of me. I heard that he sold everything on Ebay for short money. OH well that is what happens when you drag your a$$.

Ed,

All these colors mentioned are great colors. Don't forget to order some salt and scent. In Indiana we have some clear lakes and we do pretty well with garlic and anise scents. The salt is a preference issue. I use MF salt in the baits and LC salt on the baits and in the bag. Good luck with your endevor as it wil consume a lot of time. Not to mention MONEY.:whistle:

Zbass

The time has come to place an order for supplies. I ordered a stick kit from Del and made the mold modification and I think I have it down now. I need to order colors/glitter and such any suggestion on what colors I should buy. I live in Massachusetts. I fish New hampshire and Massachusetts. Mostly clear lakes but a few off colored rivers. Clear is about 10-20 feet visibility. Any suggestions?

The best way to start is to make baits in the colors that you normally use. Make a list of your confidence baits (plastics) and order the colors and flake to make baits in that color. That way you're going to catch fish on your baits and feel like you have something going. Build from there.

You might want to try a couple of Super high lights from LC. I just ordered the blue and the gold and by adding a little bit to my normal colors it makes them look incredible, you can really achieve some cool looking bait's.

2nd that. I really like the effect it gives to a normal bait.

Black, green pumpkin, watermelon, blue, , pumpkinseed, chartruese, strawberry red, purple, black grape, just to name a few :whistle:

Glitter: Blue, black, red, gold, silver, Green . in at least .008 and .035 sizes:yay:

As mentioned some pearls or highlights as well.

Dave,how do you make the hot pink.I have the hot pink dye what else.I fish ultra clear water for Smallmouth.

i use the pink flouresent coloring and a drop off white. its suppose to be bubblegum put looks like hot pink to me. a friend of mine uses this color in deep clear water dropshoting for smallmouth.

Look at the colors you normally use and duplicate them. For example, if you like Zoom color #54 - watermelon, green and black flake, note the size of the glitter in the lure. #54 uses .040 and .015 black flake and .025 red flake. Super color and a big seller.

Few soft plastics I've used have no flakes or color so here are a few ideas; dye/flake colors:

green pumpkin/ .040 black flake

chartreuse (irridecsent/ .040 and .015 black flake

pearl (already mixed from M-F) with .015 sugar flakes (also for laminates/shad color)

watermelon with any of the following in any combo: black, red, gold, bright violet, lime or kelly green

black

smoke with any bright flakes in .015

motor oil (irridescent)/ gold and black flake

hot pink (bubblegum)

methiolate (florescent) (no flakes)

sugar .015 flakes and fine salt in clear

orange pumpkin for flash tails and laminates (IE with watermelon)

rootbeer/ kelly green, gold and black flakes in any combo

white / sugar flakes in clear (.015 silver or gold optional)

Again, looking at baits in the store and making notes as to depth of color, flake size and color combos is the best place for ideas. Yamamoto's site color chart is also a good start. This site has a cook book of colors and pictures in the gallery.

M-F and LC have the largest selection of dye colors and a little goes a long way.

Edited by Senkosam