sagacious

I need some help with powder paint

Have you ever put glitter on wet powder paint then put on top coat of clear powder paont and baked it?

I've tried that years ago. The powder cools too quickly to get an even coat. Also if you do get it to stick, the glitter will not lay flat and have many sharp edges. Your best bet is to find really fine glitter and mix it into the epoxy, if you don't want to use powdered glitter. I feel it is easier to just use the Pro-tec powdered glitter. saves a lot of time.

You can mix glitter with powder, but if you don't have enough clear the glitter won't show through.  

This is Dormant Purple from Columbia coatings, you put the base coat on cure for 15 minutes then take it out and put the high gloss clear on then bake another 10 minutes.  I mixed them together and cured and got this    100_4483.jpg

This is another shade of purple - Candy Raspberry Translucent from Columbia coatings

http://www.columbiacoatings.com/store/Search.aspx?SearchTerms=Candy%20Raspberry%20Translucent%20TGIC

This is what you get

100_4477.jpg

You can also dip the regular color and then dip again in a clear with glitter mix.  I get a lot of irridescent glitters from the hobby store and it works good.  I've also been mixing super sparkle mica powder in with some of my mix's.  

This is a metallic purple from Eastwood http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-powder-metallic-purple.html

Edited by Fatman