PaulWW36

Wokshops

Can you give me some idea of what workshops you all have, do you create your masterpeices in the corner of your kitchens or do you have a 1000 sq. foot purpose built unit ?

More importantly, what would / should you have done if you had to start all over again ! Im thinking more from the point of view of convenience, safety etc.

Paul

Here's my disgusting, poxy little effort (taken last summer). I have been working at sorting it out since seeing some of the cozy little numbers over there in May, namely Gene's. I will post the new improved, accessible version on completion. pete

P1000959.jpg

I love such an organized disorder , for a stranger it just looks messy at first degree , but for the owner everything is in place !

To me , arranging and cleaning up costs precious time , that one can rather spent to carve and/or paint a small bunch of lures .

Mine looks worse than that , disorder is alike , but very dirty of sawdust , woodchips and stuff , since I only have a basement of approx. 4 X 4 yards , also have store my tackle in there .

Greetz , diemai

I use an 8' carpenter's workbench in the garage sitting in front of my wife's car. Wood dust galore but my wife's happy to keep me out of the house :) I think the room you need mostly relates to how many power tools you use .

Here's my "home away from home". Pete caught it on a good day. I also cleaned it up for these pictures. I wouldn't want the whole world to see my clutter. Size - 14 x 20 with an 8 x 8 lumber room.

Gene

Edited by Lincoya
Add text

Gene,

That explains the high quality of your lures... Very nice, comfortable looking work place. I can understand why you would call it your "home away from home". Is there enough space in the wood room for a cot and a tacklemaker wire bender??? Gene... Gene??? I think he logged off - MEMO TO SELF: PM GENE A.S.A.P. FOR RENTAL RATES

Tight lines

I end up working all over the place depending on season. I try to work out in the shop but no climate control besides my fan and portable propane heater, but with that can work outside most of the year. I created a mobile cart from a kids wagon. It can pretty much hold plenty of stuff to keep me busy and I pull it inside and set up shop on a card table in the coldest of months.

My shops main failure is lack of power. I will set up a window unit along with a dust collection system as soon as this problem is rememdied. I need to take some new picks of the shop.

Recently moved house, so here are a couple of pics of my new workshop. The house is actually a commercial glass fronted shop, so the entire ground floor is my workshop.

The bench that I built for my previous shop, fitted in perfect. I also made a rack of shelves in addition to the shelf over the bench. These are already full and I am considering another shelf rack.

It is a good space, spoiled by the support pillar in the centre of the floor. There is also room to build a small enclosed spray booth at the back, when the time comes.

The tiled floor makes clean-up a breeze, I like clean.

Dave