carpholeo

My internet lipless bass

Did a google image search and found a suitable baby bass pic,

I edited the image to the exact size of the lure i wanted to make, then printed it and used the pattern to shape my lure. I used expanded PVC, I love this stuff! its the best thing since sliced bread. Anyway, after making my joints and adding test weights I dragged it across the pool, and to my amazement, it swam! Unbelievable. After fine tuning the weighting, I installed permanent weights and hooks.

I tried to locate the weights in the center of each section and as low as possible.

From head to tail the weighting went 103g, 74g, 37g, 0g

The lure is 6" x 1.5" x 3/4" and made from expanded pvc

I epoxied the printed bass image to the lure body and thats it.

babybass.jpg

I epoxy the printed pattern on to the lure body(not as easy as it sounds)

Expanded pvc is a type of plastic that can be worked just like wood, its waterproof, floats and is easy to work with. I got mine from a local plastics supplier here in San Diego, but im sure you can find one close to you. this link has more info on the subject.

http://www.interstateplastics.com/materials/detail.aspx?ID=expandedpvc-SW1102

I am talking strictly second hand knowledge. I've never actually used or seen the polyurethane decking, but I did research it enough to find out it comes thick enough to make lures from. You just have to remove the outer layer, which is finished. And it wasn't that expensive, if memory serves.

Google Lowe's and then search for decking. You'll find it.