Rick S

What could be better,

I made a six ten inch swim baits for ocean fishing and it worked! As a matter of fact I caght over three hudred and fifty pounds of california yellowtail, the largest weighing in at forty eight pounds. Everyone I fished with laughed at either my "croc's" or my "home made lure", after catching so many fish no one was laughing, at least at my lure. Thank you everyone at this board for all your help in hekping me make these lure's

Rick

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

3476_thumb.attach

Nice Fish; Great Lure. I'm always torn, is it more cool to catch something on a lure you made or watchin' someone else catch a fish on one of your lures.

And, there's that question... "Where kin I get one?" And my favorite answer, "Off my workbench after I get a chance to make a few more."

Congrats on your catch - does the captain still get to keep most of it?

Gee - I always gaze in wonder when I see a shark, they are just the perfect streamlined underwater machine, just shows what millions of years of evolution can do - Sorry if I have offended any 'Anti Evolutionists', but you can't make something like Ricks Thresher in a day, or 6000 years. pete

I made a six ten inch swim baits for ocean fishing and it worked! As a matter of fact I caght over three hudred and fifty pounds of california yellowtail, the largest weighing in at forty eight pounds. Everyone I fished with laughed at either my "croc's" or my "home made lure", after catching so many fish no one was laughing, at least at my lure. Thank you everyone at this board for all your help in hekping me make these lure's

Rick

What boat were you on when you caught the yellows. I miss the west coast saltwater scene,can't wait to fish it again if i get to. Thought of selling my SW gear,can't believe i just said/thought that. Nice fish dude.

I caught the fish on the American Angler out of San Diego Sam And Brian's boat. DON'T SELL YOUR SALT WATER GEAR.....

American Angler is a great boat,well known. Kimura tackle runs a lot of trips on that boat. I really don't want to sell my SW gear but i have a penn 30sw 2-speed that i haven't and don't see being used so i was thinking of selling it. It's brand new still in the box and gonna end up on ebay.